Friday, July 14, 2006

The REGIME



I feel soooooooooo... regimented. It is truly amazing how much you can fit into one day. I wish there was a way I could do it all without sleeping... imagine the dusting and vacuuming I could get done if I was up 24! My apt would be immaculate, my body would be banging and my jewelry business---booming!

Progress is going well on the makeover. Last night, I met up with the fabulous sesame seed and let Murph swim, fish and then we walked him at the “secret spot.” (The wild, Lazy Susan’s are a small reason to love nature, aren’t they?) Ah, it was very relaxing. We’ve also decided to do an enrichment activity once a month, like an exhibit opening, poetry reading, etc. Give us ideas, if you have any.

After that time of peace and happiness, I found myself in super-creative mode. I made some new designs... matching sets and ta-da (finally!) my first necklace. What I really need is new display materials, which I bought this morning online. It makes a huge difference when you can show people your stuff in a way that’s open and uncluttered. As of now, we have a few baskets and trays from the Dollar Store. But until these babies arrive, via UPS, I’ll keep trying to work something with what we have. But once I get them, I’ll feel like my transformation into a professional jewelry-marker will be complete. Well, that and having an actual store to sell my stuff will make me really feel like I’ve made it. Ha.

In the middle of my creative streak, I took off for a debriefing bike ride. It was very misty and it was around 8:30 so the sky was getting darker. I drove by this open marshland, where a friend used to live, and I thought: The Secret Garden! Remember that book/movie? Such a wonderful, classic young girls’ touchstone. And the fog was truly beautiful. Reminded me also of London.

While reading Walden during lunch today, I found it particularly compelling in light of this...

Today’s Quote: “Before we can adorn our houses with beautiful objects the walls must be stripped, and our lives must be stripped, and beautiful housekeeping and beautiful living be laid for a foundation: now, a taste for the beautiful is most cultivated out of doors, where there is no house and no housekeeper.”

I didn’t actually hit the bed until around midnight. I was really busy with the new design... which will debut this wkd at the market, FYI... but the thing is, it took so much of my time, that I didn’t really get to produce a lot of stuff. Maybe like a handful of things. But I did remember to take some digital shots this time. There was a while there that I forgot how important that was.

This weekend is jam-packed. Tonite our lovely friends from VT are supposed to come down and keep us company. We haven’t cleaned yet, but hopefully, we’ll get a chance to do that later today, before they cross the border. We should probably figure out what to feed them, also, since we have not a drop of food or liquid in the fridge currently.

Saturday is the market and we’re PUMPED. Seriously.

Today’s She Said WHAT?!!: DJ, “Want to walk? I’ve just got to hit the bathroom for a #2.” DO I REALLY NEED TO KNOW THAT MUCH INFORMATION? I’ll let her off easy, tho, because she has a serious case of pregnancy brain. Honestly, the girl gets dumber every month this goes on.

Today's side note/personal joke: PETE?!?! CHRIST. If you dont come back here, I am gonna WHOOP yo ass.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude. PUMPKIN SEED. I think it's what I turn into after midnight.