“It’s a bad day to drop anyone off at the airport.”
Well, this is a crazy day to wake up to. Good thing there is still peace in the Middle East. HA.
To be honest, I cant worry about all that war and bullshit conflict. I have enough on my plate. In fact, a family friend is in the hospital. And it seems weird b/c I’m not sure what to call him really. He’s a little boy. 10 years old, I think. And my mom has taken him under her wing the last few years to spoil him a little bit because his family has nothing. She met him while working and he has cystic fibrosis. But this little boy is a ray of light. I’m met him and hung out with him a few times and he’s honestly, one of those people who touch your life and make you realize what is really important. He’s so innocent and perfect. So think some good thoughts. He’s just a little boy and he’s in the PICU. He doesn’t deserve that.
And M and I haven’t been getting along that great since the 5:30 arrival home so it will be interesting to see how we do in the woods this wkd while camping—ALONE, TOGETHER, 48 HOURS STRAIGHT. We leave Fri and return on Sun. 2 nights in a tent, on the ground, with no running water. I know what you are thinking... “Oh yea, this ought to be good.” But in fact, I’m looking forward to the peace and quiet of the wilderness. The canoeing down the long CT River. The mountain biking along the trails. The smores and Sam Adams over a campfire. I just want to sleep in and not worry about being up in time for anything in particular. Wake up and unzip a tent to get outside into the fresh air. Just to be, something I relearned when I went back to yoga this week, is so difficult. If you try to just sit there now and close your eyes & think of nothing, you could really give yourself a headache. Its just that hard. Try it sometime.
Last night, I got to see BFF. And we talked about Scottsdale and I cant wait to find out when a good time to visit her will be. I love Arizona. Its so hot and dry and sunny. That will certainly be a good trip to take this fall. I better start saving vacation time for that. Perhaps a long Columbus Day wkd would be the way to go on that. If I can wait that long...
But some other good news came about and BFF let me know that her next travel assignment will, in fact, be HAWAII. Does it really get any better than that? She is one lucky girl and I love to live vicariously thru her. We are now planning a 2 week vacation where I will get out there for my birthday and spend Christmas together and then New Years. Its funny but I honestly would give up Christmas with my family and boyfriend to spend it with her. Because you do that for friends. And I really wouldn’t want to miss her around that time. And I wouldn’t want her to be alone during that time either... and by “that time,” I clearly mean MY BIRTHDAY.
Alex is in Hawaii as I write. And I seriously cannot imagine the magnitude of the greatness of it all. But one question we all have is, Do they still do the lei’s at the airports?
Today’s Mark Your Calendars: I get to find out if I’m having a niece or nephew on the 22nd. Wow. I am so excited. I have been calling her my niece but I have a feeling it’s a boy. And it’s not my real sister... It’s my sistah’s baby.
Yesterday’s Grocery List: Organic Frosted Mini Wheats (WOW!), red grapes, salad in a bag, Carnation Instant Breakfast, green beans, OJ, milk, yogurt, whole grain bread.
Today’s Craving: A chocolate chip cookie.
Today’s Whoa, Someone is Sleeping with Someone... OBV: Robert keeps getting saved on Project Runway. WHY is that? Seriously. Because his designs have been consistently TERRIBLE for the past 2 weeks and yet, he’s till there. This week he had the balls to fuck with Jackie O. A while back, I actually read online that he made it to the final 4. Better be unfounded gossip.
Today’s SHIT. Really?: I have Track It Agent on my computer all of a sudden. Looks like every computer in the office has it installed: suddenly, without any notice. Guess that means we’re being tracked. Which is awesome since 90% of the day, I’m online at hotmail or myspace or Oh No They Didn’t. But doesn’t anyone really think that will deter me? And who can figure out how to disable that? Hit me up.
Today’s Interesting Read That I Should Remember Next time I Go Grocery Shopping but Realistically Wont: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13737389/
Today’s Sad Point That Proves Summer is Way too Short: I’m wearing a fleece jacket today.
Murph finally caught a frog the other day. I have to admit I’m quite proud. He was in a river and just came upon one & scooped it up. And this after a good 40 minutes of trying. So imagine his frustration when he finally catches one and I make him let it go. Poor dog. He must seriously be like, WTF, lady. Let me have the frog. But ever since I read that some frogs are poisonous, I really don’t want them in my baby’s mouth.
This week has been slow and boring. Hence, the lack of updates. And tomorrow is a busy day. I have the annual health fair to put on so I’ll be busy. But you know you gotta stay tuned for a Monday post regarding the camping extraordinaire recap. You don’t want to miss that.
Today's HOTNESS Report: Skulls. Note to self--buy something with a skull on it in the immediate future.
Thursday, August 10, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So, funny story- your brother calls me at the ASS CRACK OF DAWN (well, it was here, anyway) and was like YOU ARE GOING TO DIE AT THE AIRPORT TURN ON THE NEWS AHHHH!!!
I was like, take a deep breath. don't worry. I will leave my shampoo behind. I mean, I do have to get HOME somehow.
Post a Comment