Friday, September 01, 2006

Giving Notice

Well, my boss finally got back and we had "the talk."

Basically, it began with her saying, Please explain this to me. And I did my best to tell her it was an opporunity I couldnt pass up and it sounded really exciting, even though I didnt feel particularly awesome about leaving. And then she asked if it was her fault... for various reasons. I said, No. And then she cried. And that made me cry. And then she made my guilt even worse by telling me she wanted to work out a way to keep me. She would let me review a new job decription, tailored to me, and more pay. She said, if you dont want me to torture you with trying to keep you, let me know, but please (choking up) at least tell me you'll consider it.

Christ, rip my heart out & stomp on it.

I dont want to consider it. Because as hard as this is, I know its the right thing for me. And as someone really smart told me, You put yourself first. Then your family. Then your career. And if you do all that, you'll be doing ok.

This is hard. As DJ says, Can you please work your magic and make the end over already?

Yea, can ya? Because I need to go home and snuggle up to my main squeeze. Then have dinner with M. (You know who the main man is dont you?!!) :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is so sad :( but she needs to back off and understand that it's your decision, and if she really loves you, she'll let you grow. but it's over now, right?

-LeLe

Anonymous said...

Main man = Murph? haha.. ;)