I got a map of the world today. The office manager bought me one b/c god knows I don’t have my geography down. And it’s really beautiful. I love it. Anyone know where Senegal is though? I cant find it.
So yesterday I ate in the undergrad cafeteria! How exciting. At first, I felt like I was back in college, with a tray, looking for somewhere to sit, insecure and hungry. Then I realized something entirely empowering… I don’t give a fuck! I’m STAFF! And the food was really good. Tons of variety and it happened to be local grown day so everything was fresh. $6 for all you can eat. But do you remember the conveyor belt that you put dirty dishes on? Um yea. I had forgotten all about that. The only place they were lacking was desserts.
Today I have an undergrad majors fair, which should be hell, considering I neither want to talk to undergrads nor do I want to stand from 11:30-2pm with no lunch break. I’m basically just going to understand the process. Next fall I will be traveling to DC, NYC and San Fran setting up the graduate fairs there. I am going to DC this spring too for the reunion down there. Should be interesting. I have no clue what you do when you travel for work. Like, do you get off the plane and like, find your own way? Terrifying.
Yesterday M and I walked the main man down a cart road and we talked about the school shooting in PA. Basically, while we were walking around a corner, I go, HE HAD SEXUAL LUBE ON HIM! In total disgust and what do you know… BFF’s brother’s GF was walking her 2 dogs down the same road and I just froze. Imagine what she must have thought we were talking about. Christ. And good thing my dog is a bastard who doesn’t know how to act around other dogs cuz that made it just all the more embarrassing.
Last night: Gilmore Girls. Ahhh… cmon. Just effing watch it. Tonite is Project Runway’s reunion ep. I’m not even sure I’ll watch it since I should be going to yoga tonite.
Today’s Relationship Update: M and I are getting along great this wk. We’ve really turned over a new leaf so that’s a positive note.
Oh and this morning, while walking to the office, a giant spotted owl flew 3 feet in front of my head. I would have almost peed my pants had I been more than 60% awake. But as it was… I was like, WHATEVER, OWL. Get the FUCK out of my way.
Its supposed to be near 80 today so get out there and enjoy the weather while it lasts. This Sat is another festival for us so we’re hoping its not too cold. And BFF is coming home so its nice that I scammed my way out of working on Monday, though we don’t officially have it off. WTF. When I interviewed they said I had 9 holidays off so coming from a place that gave me 13, I wasn’t too horrified. But then I realized that we in fact have 6 holidays off with 3 of them giving you 2 days each. So basically I get like, Thanksgiving, Xmas and New Years. Cheap bastards.
Oh and I got an email yesterday that my boss hired someone for my old job. Was kinda a sad moment. But I hope she does well. She’s related to someone who directs the Social Services dept.
Wednesday, October 04, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hold up, did you just say you're going to San Francisco on business? Okay, I officially hate you, bitch.
lol...
I think when you travel for business they send someone to meet you with a little sign. The one time I traveled, I got a king bed all to my self, and cable, and internet- it was great.
Post a Comment