Hi folks. Long time, no blog.
Basically - what's so important to drag me out of retirement?
Ok. Well, since you asked...
You know when you get an email. And it tells you you have to DO something. Ok? Following me so far? So ok. You DO that thing. And then you delete the email or file it away in a subfolder... right? Sometimes, if you really have to, you write to the person and say it was completed or tell them what action steps you took...
Great.
Now, for the love of humanity, DO NOT - I REPEAT - DO NOT write a one word or more reply to the effect: THANKS!
"Thanks"? So now I have to go back in my inbox, figure out if there is something else you need me to do (dig around in there for extra words) and then find out that NO ACTION is required and then I just have to DELETE IT.
That's it. That's all I can do with that email. Just delete it. So next time you send an email, ask yourself this question: Will the person just delete this? If the answer is yes, then, PLEASE dont send it.
I'm not looking for the appreciation. I'm not looking for a touchy-feely pat on the back. I'm just looking to do my job and all that your email creates is more JOB.
Mmmmmmmmmkay?
Peace out.
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment