Overheard in my bed last night...
"Babe, your mom is making lasagna."
"I know. I can smell it (giggles). You hungry?"
"Um... no."
"Really? Wait, why is my mom making lasagna right now? It's 11 o'clock at night!"
Pause.
"God only knows."
Did anyone else watch Clash of the Choirs? Seriously. Michael Bolton LOVES him some spotlight. And that Nick Lachey is still something... there is just something likeable about that one. And yet, Jessica Simpson just keeps sucking the big one. M has this theory that you should leave while you're hot. Like Britney Spears - take the $ and run, honey. Cut bait.
Anyway, I cried the other day when Stevie Nix was on the radio, singing about how "children get older... and I'm getting older... too."
Bawled. 5 minutes. Tears streaming. Parking lot empty. Just me and the steering wheel. Straight up moment of weakness.
That can only mean one thing, folks. My birthday is around the corner and it's nausea-inducing to the max. Another year come and gone. Lots to reflect on. Lots accomplished. "And miles to go before I sleep."
For anyone living under a rock, you may not have heard M moved in with me - and my mom. So far, so good. Only one threat to move everything back into the apt - and that was on Day 3. We'll see how this all pans out in the New Year.
But I am slowly realizing how to make this relationship work. Only took 6+ years, but I'm starting to get it. As to the secret of my success? Aim low. Love the good, but accept the bad and enjoy the ugly. If you can do it yourself, do it yourself. Laugh whenever possible to stave off an argument. And lots of snuggling under the covers.
Happy Holidays, friend. Love ya.
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment