So I have this awesome United Colors of Benetton cowl neck shirt I bought in London. One day, years ago, I wore it to get my hair highlighted and for some reason, the bleach ran down my back that day. No one day has it done that... But anyways, so then I had these huge bleach streaks on the wildberry colored shirt that I loved dearly.
Its been sitting in my closet ever since because I cant really wear it, but I also cant bear to throw it out.
I bought some RIT fabric dye online from Jane's Fabrics and gave it a try last nite. I was going for black. The dye was really dark. I used a styrofoam box to soak it in. I stirred. I let sit almost an hour... and the shirt is fucking brown with red patches.
I am going to try it one more time and leave it in the dye possibly for like 2 hours. But sadly, I think I have to throw it out now. I'm kinda PISSED.
Kinda.
Friday, February 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
homes, rit dye sucks the big one. i was trying to dye a shirt black as well, and i followed the instructions to the letter AND used a ton of dye and it came out a yucky navy blue color with patchy spots...and the color faded in the wash. rit dye is basically for hippies.
Post a Comment