Yesterday, I called in "sick" because as you can see below, I've been a little bit of a bastard lately. So I needed to chill. And I have. Went on a house hunt for this log cabin that we really like and its beautiful. Not secluded, as we hoped, but its really pretty. We're thinking of going to its open house this wkd. I took Murph out to his fav pond and we played and layed out on the porch in the sun, well, he laid out, I watched him from inside the kitchen. :) But I do feel much better now. Things are in perspective. I even got to see my "nephew" and spend some QT with him. Did I mention he has teeth now? Christ. They grow up so fast.
I even bought a whole new skin care line thanks to my fav's sister. She is an aesthetician and wrote out 3 pages of suggested products for me to try now that Proactiv has stopped working. So I cant wait to see some results. I have to tell you that this Kate Somerville product really does work wonders. It's an at-home acid peel. And I swear it works really well. I cant wait to get my skin in line. Its been forever since I looked at it and didnt have dirt in my giant pores. Hello. That is so gross.
And since I'm obsessed with clothes and buying clothes, I need to tell you this. Remember that $70 Express sweater that I had to buy? Well, lo and behold, I got a coupon for $30 off $75 purchase 2 days after I made that purchase. So I brought it back and asked to be refunded - after picking out a cute $10 blue tank top to hit past the $75 mark. So then, remember those Seven jeans I wanted? Since I had just now freed up $20 - I went back and bought them. Here's a wrench in this perfect scenario... I saw the lady fold up the jeans and not check the sensor. I told her, Can you check and make sure the sensor is out? She said to me, I DID THAT ALREADY. So I was like, Oh ok. I didnt see you do that but ok. Do you know I got home and the fucking sensor was on those jeans? So I called Macys. I said, Look; gas is $3.05 a gallon out here and now I have to go back to your store. She said, Name your fair price to take off the pants. I said, $10. She said, Done.
So I'm not math genius but I think I just got my $98 Seven jeans for $12. Plus I got a "free" tank top.
Ah. Victory.
That's totally my moment of Zen.
That - and its Friday. Enjoy.
Friday, March 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
congrats on the haggling...but I'd love to pay for some $3.05 gas here now that it's up to $3.35 a gallon for regular in Hartford...
Post a Comment