Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Daily Dose

Today’s Rule of Real Estate: If it sounds too good to be true, you bet your ass, it probably is.

Today’s Hotness: Organic baby spinach and strawberries with raspberry walnut dressing. Who knew? Just add nuts to taste.

Today’s Making Myself Get Out of the House: Thursday evening martinis with La.

Today’s Report on Our Majesty the Queen Madonna: New CD = Sadly, not Confessions. Um, not even close.

Today’s Treating Myself: Yesterday I anticipated driving by a Starbucks and went back and forth in my head: venti decaf white chocolate skinny mocha extra hot no whip - $5+ and about a 500 calories. Do I pull in? Don’t I? I pulled in… but when I walked inside there it was = a perfect whole bean bag of decaf Pike Place . I then saw a sign that you get a complimentary (this is Starbucks, people – they don’t call it “free”) coffee when you buy a bag. So I needed coffee at the house since I had none and I have just acquired a strong passion for the French press. (So easy – as easy as boiling water. No filter needed, no fussy clean-up.) I handed the Barista this bag and asked for it to be ground for a French press and he asked me if I’d like to have a decaf cup (free). OBV. So I was excited. I treated myself and I got a drip coffee with nonfat milk and one packet of sugar (like 20 calories tops), a 3 week supply of coffee (I barely drink it at home so this will last me) and beans ground specifically for a press (which you cant get in a grocery store) – all for less than twice the cost of the white mocha.

Did I really need to write and tell you guys that? Do you glaze over by the time you finish reading that kind of thing?

Seriously.

Today’s Find it Online: The new Coldplay song is FUCKING FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today’s Shameless Plug: Making jewels again! Let me know if you want to take a look. I love being creative and my jewels are the prettiest. We’ll be at the Farmers Market again this summer.

1 comment:

mahood said...

So you do know that you can't publicly state what you're doing without some nosy bugger like me wanting in, right? Martinis with La Thursday. Where? Can I come? I may be booked doing domestic things anyhow, but just incase I'm not, I always appreciate having backup plans. :)