Monday, April 07, 2008

Eeeeeek!

A co-worker got a new haircut.

AND ITS HIDEOUS. There are no if's, an's or but's about this one. Its a DUD. And so here's the question: WHAT DO I DO ABOUT IT?

I need to acknowledge it, I think, but I just cant lie. I'm not good at it. I cant be chipper and say I love the new hair, girl! But what if I dont say anything at all - just pretend she didnt get the worst haircut I've ever seen in real life? Silence is deadly sometimes.

So far, I have been avoiding eye contact and she keeps coming in my office. So I'll type away and just avoid it at all costs, but I dont know how long she can last... and now if I DO say something, will it be awkward because I've spent the morning NOT SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT IT?

YIKES. Awkward.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

in mid-convo, all of a sudden say- wow did you get a haircut? then she will say yeaa.. and you can say it looks nice! just like ripping a bandaid off :)

Anonymous said...

well...WHAT DID YOU DO? pins and needles, here.