Friday, April 18, 2008

Quick Note

Can we talk about something for a minute? I'm obsessed with my skin. I have a pocket sized magnified mirror next to my desk. Really. Periodically, I take it out during the day and have a look, just to see where I stand. Oily? Check. Pores filled with the white, pre-black head substance? Sometimes. Red bumps on the forehead? Yup. T-zone? How we lookin - noontime check, 4pm check? Eye wrinkles? Got em but I think I've always had them. I kind of have baggy eyes. (sidenote: the Retinol-A cream I've been using is somewhat successful, but I'm not 100% satisfied.) But today. TODAY. I noticed something else: laugh lines. THE HORROR.

There is something fishy about this because I dont really consider myself a smiley, laughing type. So why the lines? They are just at the sides of my mouth and barely visible to the naked eye - but under the magnifier? HELLO!

So I've been going back and forth online, trying to figure out the best way to combat this. I should have actually added to my online shopping list post that I truly need some nighttime facial moisturizer and self-tanner. But when I think about having to sacrifice money (still saving for a house, folks) for drug store products, I kind of... well, I'm just going to say it: CRINGE.

Sorry. I know. But here's the thing: Once you go Sephora, you kind of cant go backward. It's like going backward in time, to a land called Maybelline or Cover Girl. And again, I apologize, because if you use these products, I'm actually jealous of you. Because a, you prob have good skin that can take this stuff, and b, you prob already have a house because you save money instead of spending it on stupid, overpriced face creams.

So alas, I digress.

Anyone want to rec to me a drug store product for my face? I'm going to weigh this for a week before purchasing one of these. I tried Mario Badescu, but I'm not fully impressed with his line and I feel strongly that I enjoy his masks and cleansers, but the ingredients of his moisturizers arent impressing me. I like the idea of going au naturel with a product, but sometimes I'm not into the gentleness which MB provides. I want a big old bang upside the epidermis, people! Sometimes gentle just wont cut it against FROWN LINES.

So shake me up out of this high end product hell, ok? Do it. I dare you to convert me. Because, honestly, I should pocket some of that money instead of plastering it on my face.

Lovessss it!

2 comments:

marcellus wallus said...

Hey. I don't know if you're the type to scrutinize your skincare ingredients, but I would certainly advise on being careful what you put on your skin as far as chemical-y stuff goes. I HAVE iHEARD that tightening, anti-aging stuff can actually give you more wrinkles, because it temporarily lifts the skin and then it sags- sor of wears out the elasticity. I think the best thing to do for one's skin is lots of having fun, water, oxygen, good food, and not too much strange ingredients on the skin. My brother's girlfriend is an expert on the skin subject, and has worked for tons of companies- from l'oreal to this new organic startup. I will email you her address, she would probably be WAY more helpful in the products department than I ever could...good luck, you wrinkly old thing! ;)

Anonymous said...

I have this great Sephora skin product called Philosophy: Hope in a Jar that only made me break out like 12 times post use if you'd like to give it a whirl. Please note, I bought this product off of eBay. It's yours for the taking :)