Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Go Celts!

If there’s one thing you all should know: it’s that nude lipstick can be really, well, nude. As in, I’m not sure why I had to have it. And even more importantly, now that I do, I’m not sure why I feel compelled to wear it – a lot. You probably wouldn’t be able to tell I had anything on my lips – besides a little balm.

I bought it on Sunday at CVS and it’s like some Loreal/Maybelline/Almay brand. Actually I have no idea. I only know it’s not Revlon because Revlon had a “buy one get one free” sale and so of course it couldn’t be that brand! Oh no.

But I will also have you know that lipstick still tastes the same as I remember. You know. Back in the days or yore, when you put on your mom’s lipstick and it tasted like mud, better yet some form of chemical muddy water. Yea. Still has that taste.

Or could be just the cheap brands because Vincent Longo, though the color was all kinds of wrong, was actually all kinds of right in other ways, taste, smell, SPF… But whatever. I got my nude lipstick on a whim after returning the other one and I really like it. And I’m pretty sure it was under $8.

In fact it’s color is so nude that I smudge it all around on my lips and it makes them look fuller, especially on top where I have a very pronounced heart shape. Now they seem more full because the little bow on top is smudged out and it’s just kinda straighter across. If you can picture all that, I will give you $20 next time I see you.

Also, the weekend was unruly. Billy Joel was everything I imagined it to be. And it was even better than that because he did Italian Restaurant which is by far one of my most favorites. And the best part was the girl on my left knew all the words to every song – even the ones Billy himself said weren’t hits and were the perfect time to take a bathroom break.

Now you should also be aware that I have a new haircut that is super chameleon. One day I love it. The next day I feel more feathered than Farrah Fawcett. I went for the short layers, you see, so if I don’t style it just right, I end up looking a little bit like I went in to a cut and came out with a mullet. But when I get it right, it’s on. It’s fucking ON, I tell ya… like so on that I even part it in the middle, which I haven’t done since… well, Christ only knows… at least before middle school. And that middle part is not helping your 70s Charlie’s Angels image, correct?

But I had to do short layers because long layers don’t do much for my face. My hair is heavy so it just gets weighed down. So now I have all these short pieces which are awesome when I slightly curl them around my big curling iron and then let the ends stay straight. It sounds worse than it is. But its messy. A mess so big you could not run your fingers through my hair if you tried – even with a pitchfork.

All that and I finally got myself to Whole Foods for some overpriced organic shopping, which you all know if my favorite kind! Plus I (meaning not me because I don’t have the internet) got tickets to Coldplay’s Boston show in August. And I actually saw a dad on Father’s Day – not mine. But still. It was something.

So here I am today, again, at my desk, writing away, doing homework, doing actual work work. And hoping for a crack in the weather. Friday has recently been confirmed as training day with COUB so someone up there better be cracking the whip. We need some sun if we’re going to bike a cart road, dammit people!!!

No comments: