Fuck it.
I’m moving to Maryland.
Who knew the state has it going on? I loved it there. I didn’t want to go home. I didn’t want to leave my sister. And I didn’t want to get stuck in a 5 hour air traffic control clusterfuck.
But we all do what we gotta do.
My trip to Annapolis was awesome. For some of you who may not know the story, the trip was a surprise for my sister, whose husband flew me in for the wkd because she was homesick. It came as such a surprise that she started to cry when I walked out. That of course made me cry and so you had two crying idiots in baggage claim.
And the cold I had recently acquired was not an option. Basically I took 2 and a half days off before leaving and desperately tried to sleep it off. Drank tons of fluids. Bought out the CVS pharmacy cold and flu section. And played with the new kitty, whose has been named Jack even though I call him Squeak because it so much better suits him.
We saw downtown Annapolis, ate a ton of fresh fudge, and drank beers by the harbor in a Navy restaurant, and did some outlet shopping in Queenstown over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. We narrowly missed being caught in this.
Answer me this: Why is it when you are on vacation, you buy things that would otherwise seem far out of your financial means – especially while saving and in the midst of a recession? Why is that? Anyone have some input for me there? But honestly, I don’t feel much shopping guilt because the stuff I did buy is awesome. If there is any rich single hot man out there reading this: Can you make me your trophy wife and let me have a credit card devoted exclusively to BCBG Max Azria? Thank you.
We also spent a day in Baltimore, hopping on and off the water taxi and eating hot dogs at the world famous Captain James Crab House. We saw Camden Yards and the Ravens Stadium. We did the Aquarium tourist trap and the IMAX movie about dolphins. It was all a trip, literally.
On the night before I left, we had an old fashioned BBQ dinner with ribs and beans that tasted so good I could have stayed all night, pigging out. But everything comes to an end.
Eventually.
But if you ever get the change to go, and you think there is nothing to do there: You are wrong. Go. Its really a nice area. So nice in fact that when my sister said she lived in a mansion with a dock out on the Bay, I thought she was kidding. She wasn’t.
You know that scene in Wedding Crashers (filmed in MD) when they take a bike ride out together and that song is playing – in the summertime… dee dee deee dee de dah. I’ll leave you with that (my sister and I took a ride out in their neighborhood and saw the sailboats coming in from afar).
I wish I was a kept woman. Back at work today, I really missed my sister. And my new favorite tourist trap. And the kitty, who is quickly turning into a little feet-attacking bastard.
What has everyone been up to? I had 3 emails when I returned and they were all from online shopping sites. Where are you people???
Monday, August 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment