Today’s Overheard in my Bathroom: Hmm… Whaddya know? Someone seems to be using my face cream? Oh, I um, I just use a little bit of it each night because my face is dry. Babe, it’s totally fine. I’m just teasing you… It’s my cheap stuff anyway. It’s like $17 - $18 bucks a jar. (Pause) Wait. I can’t tell: Are you being sarcastic?
This week I gave my 7th or 8th major class presentation. It seems like each course has a required group presentation and just occasionally you get one that is a bit more intense. This week was a solo presentation with a Q&A session afterwards. I was really nervous. It had been a while since I went up by myself and I forgot to practice the Powerpoint slides clicking. However, as I sat and watched the girl ahead of me go, I realized: SHE SUCKED! Yes! Perfect. So there was no real reason to be nervous. She had typos in her slides, she was BORING… So I knew I could just go up there and do the bare minimum and succeed in that pretty easily. What I didn’t realize was that I was gonna KILL IT! Totally. I am very proud about this so I don’t mind bragging… But I do kind of have a talent for public speaking, even though I get so nauseous I could barf like 3 minutes before I go up. But for some reason, once I get up there, its total autopilot. I can even engage the audience when I feel they may be starting to drift off and crack a joke or smile... So anyway, the Q&A session was intense, I have to say. I think I even laughed about how I was “getting grilled up he-yah!” But in the end, it was worth the preparation. Thanks to you, youth theater!
Other news this week includes Little Brother’s new game: Attacking my legs from behind when I walk. He’s also discovered the sink and all the magical wonders of running water. And last night he discovered that the shower is a whoooooollllllleee nnnnnnneewwwwwwwwww wooooooorrrrrrrlddddddddd!
Love him.
And just as you may be thinking: Well, what about Murph? Is he jealous she is spending so much time with the LB? Nope. Especially because LB gives and gives… which includes Murph. They totally love each other in a I’m going to rough-house you until the verge of complete annihilation way. It’s so funny to watch them that sometimes I forget what’s on TV.
Speaking of TV. Still love Gossip Girl and Dirty Sexy Money. Kinda over The Hills. Just in time for Whitney’s show to start up. But I have to say, there better be some DVF in those scenes. And who cares about Olivia Palermo? Bitch.
Last night I had a total date night with my friend Amy. I have to say, it’s been a long time since we sat down and had dinner minus the bambino. So it was nice. We then decided to have a sleepover with our other friend who completes the trio. Yes, I said it: SLEEPOVER. With beer and pizza and Sex and the City. I truly cant wait. We all need it.
My NYC friend has been up this week so we’ve had lunch – the best ever chicken and broccoli at Peppercorns – and a Maxx moment with no max. It’s been a long time since I have walked out of that store with nothing. And I guess it kinda felt good. I did order some sale stuff from Urban Outfitters which should arrive just in time for my brother’s 30th bday party tomorrow night. Gotta have something cute to wear, even in a recession, people. It’s practically as essential as bathing.
Today is Friday and there are some things to tie up, but mostly it will be a slow day, which is never nice. But that means I will have some free time to get my homework done, look up flights to Alaska (if I can get one close to $500, I'm going), and plan out my grocery shopping trip.
Today's Martha Stewart recap:
Last weekend I baked the following:
Apple turnovers (which didn’t turn out right at all thanks to PUFF PASTRY – tempermental BS)
Apple pie
Apple Oatmeal cookies (so good!)
Chicken and veggie casserole
(and the following I made for a house-warming party)
Pumpkin pie with cookie cutout bats, pumpkins, and cats on top
Butterscotch/pecan bars
This coming weekend, I plan to bake the following:
Blueberry buckle
Banana bread
(for my brother’s party)
Pigs in a blanket
Turkey chili
White cake with chocolate frosting
Smores with dark, regular, and Reese’s chocolates (ok, not technically “baking”)
Garlic chick pea dip with French bread
Assorted pre-made baked apps (I’m not a machine, people!!)
I heart baking.
I feel a little stuffy today so I better take my Airborne today. Cant afford to get sick. No time for sickness right now…
Better run.
Have a great weekend!
Friday, October 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment