Is today as good a day as any to vent about random things?
Random things like the fact that I spent 2 weeks searching for my passport and social security card, only to discover that I thought it was a good idea to tuck my passport into a box underneath a bunch of memory artifacts from Salve 1999 and then put it in the ATTIC under another box filled with stuff like picture frames from people I no longer speak to? Hello. What was I thinking?? Still haven’t found the card yet, but at least if I have the passport, I can flee the country at a moments notice.
Also, M and I went looking at Christmas lights Saturday night and saw a fox and that’s about it. Seriously. People aren’t too festive these days, am I right? Or am I just driving around the wrong back woods? We did come across an old cemetery though and I was so creeped out I didn’t look at the head stones. I just couldn’t. Look. At. Them. Ugh.
Please note that I have acquired a desire – a strong desire – for colored denim. Skinny yellow or bright blue or bright red denim jeans. How cute does that sound?? Right. But I’m going to be 29 in a few weeks and I just feel somewhat disgusted by my inappropriate desire to pour myself into 21 year old and younger pants. But I did have this same issue with leggings at first and now I wear them regularly. Well, not regularly, but every once in a while I bust out the cute tunic top/mini /sweater dress and leggings and feel sooo fashiony… Although I just read online that New Yorkers are seeing less and less leggings out there on the streets and if NYC shuts me off, I’ll die. But I will oblige. Besides, leggings are so cute with long cozy sweaters and tall UGGS. I will find a way to keep them alive even if Murph is the only one to see them.
Today, I helped pick out our holiday lunch order. From Peppercorns. Chicken and Broccoli made the cut. Loves it. That is prob my most favorite dish in this hood.
I have my final paper which is due on Wednesday almost ready to print. I will definitely be ready to go on Wed night before class. It’s currently at 25 pages long, and he suggested it would be about 40. I’m more about the quality not quantity. And besides, I have confidence in my skills so no need to bulk it up. I just hope I don’t have this guy ever again. He’s a good teacher, but class is too long, workload is too heavy, and I just cant stand the way he types up notes on our midterms and final papers… typed up notes like footnotes. GET A LIFE.
I am getting my hair cut today. Finally. Its been 3 months since I last had it cut. I’m trying to grow it longer so I avoided the cut last time and just got the dye job, but there is no avoidance now. Shit is starting to split. Cant have that. I just cant decide though if I want to keep the bangs. I will wing it and decide when I get there, I guess. Some days I’m happy to have them, other days, like today, I pin them back with a bobby pin. Kinda cute, but not a long term solution.
So this past wkd, my self esteem took a bruising. We went out for a drink and since I was bundled up and in my pj’s practically, some drunk guy called me a dude. M was like, um, is he trying to piss me off or is he just really wasted? Um… I don’t know, I said as I untucked my long hair from my coat and took off my hat and glasses and shook my hair out and put on some lipgloss and pulled down my v-neck sweater… then some young girl who couldn’t have been more than 22 years old walked close to M and said, Long time, no see. He was like, Yea, hi. And before I even gave him a look, he goes, “Why would I eat hamburger when I have been living on steak all these years??” Then we had a discussion on the best compliment I have ever gotten – clue: it wasn’t that one.
And we were having one of those nights… you know the ones. When you have a long going talk about your relationship. How it began, where it’s going, how its going… and you touch on the well, if-we-broke-up-then-THIS scenarios… And so we talked about that and it wasn’t until this took place that I realized I don’t really ever want to break up with this man…
“If we broke up, I would not date anyone for a long time. I would just get myself a place where I could just be alone for months… a really long time. Maybe years.”
“Bullshit. If we broke up, you’d be dating X X in a month.”
Holy shit. HE SO CALLED IT. Damn, that man knows me like a friggen nursery rhyme! Seriously. He knows me better than I know myself. And whats better than that, really?
In other news, its birthday season. First my bro’s GF, then JK, then my sister, then Marcella, then ME! Then Christmas and New Years. Then Mel and CM, then Ames. Then Mitzer in early Feb. Time to partay like its 1999. No. Really. We’re going backwards in age starting immediately.
But first up is my birthday gift. What do I want, besides an awesome house in my price range??? Hmmm… let me think about that. I would love to take my “nephew” to see some xmas lights, celebrate Marcella’s bday in her new home, eat dinner at Bertuccis in Amherst for my bday dinner, and then have the entire next week off! OH WAIT! That’s what’s happening. YES!
But I do want a new black wool coat. I ordered a Tall Thinsulate off JCrew and told M that was what he was buying for my bday but when I got it and tried it on, I had to send it back. It was UGLY. Yesterday I ordered a new one off JCrew without Thinsulate though and so I’m not very happy with that. But with the $ I saved on no lining, I bought 2 new shirts and a navy shift. So you know… I’m happy. I just hope the coat is as wonderful as I imagine it to be. Currently I am rocking my $29 Forever21 coat with 3 toggle clasps. Not warm at all. And not very long-term. The shit is already starting to pill and I’ve worn it approx 10 times. But I expected that.
I also have fallen in love with this dress and if I don’t get it, I will die. I DIE. It’s the most beautiful designed dress I have ever seen. MUST. HAVE. DRESS. MUST. NOTIFY. WHEN. AVAILABLE. MEDIUM.
Next year I do hope to be in a home with M and be able to have my friends over for my bday and New Years. I kinda live for it. That hope. That one day I’ll get that wish.
So in that spirit, here’s to foreclosures! CHEERS!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Biatch, you rock any damn look you want to. PLEASE. bright denim is awesome. i don't know why people think they have to grow out of style. don't listen to the haters. besides, you're way hotter than any 21 year old i know. STEAK! lol
-marcella
Post a Comment