Last night, Little Brother was nowhere to be found. Even though I try each and every night to get him to sleep with us, he is either MIA or kicked out as soon as M comes to bed. LB kinda keeps M up with the purring and crazy snuggling at 1am, 4am, 5am... Me? I wake up, but I prefer it to the silence. It makes me sooo happy to hear him buzzing around my head.
In other news, my birthday is coming up in a few days and I have barely even noticed. Am I growing up? What does that mean? Typically… I am all over it for a week prior and celebrating almost every day up until the big blow out. This year, though, I feel like the mood is too somber. People don’t have power. The economy is in the shitter. Things aren’t looking good, in general. I am worried about my job. I am worried about buying a home/not buying a home. I don’t want to be married. I pretty much don’t feel like I’m in the partying mood at all. I even don’t know what to ask for from my mom for Christmas. She has yet to buy me a gift. And that’s pretty strange. Usually, I’ve had my gift picked out and bought at least by mid-October. Case in point, my bday gift from her was those 2 designer pieces I got in Annapolis at that boutique in mid-September. But really… I know this is going to sound crazy, but… I don’t even want clothes. I am kinda over it. I have sooo many. And really, who cares. Its too cold and miserable outside to dress cute. And I don’t have the closet space anyway. I even have an actual tote now in my bedroom. A tote filled with clothes. Is that necessary???
I do know what M is getting me for my bday though and I cannot wait. I have spent $40 on trying on coats in the past 2 weeks. J.Crew makes a Tall size where the sleeves are actually long enough. And I have always wanted a plain black wool coat. So I’ve tried on 2 varieties so far. This last one was free shipping which is the only reason I decided to go for it. One last chance for perfection, J.Crew. Don’t blow it! I really would like a nice coat and then I can send at least 2 that I have been holding on for far too long to Good Will.
This week is going by so slow. I hope I make it to my vacation next week. Tomorrow we are having our staff holiday lunch, which will be nice. I hope to leave early and get some Christmas shopping done. I still need to buy for M’s mom and dad. I am kinda thinking of going the old Trader Joe’s homemade gift basket route. Its hard to buy for other people’s parents.
God, this post is so damn boring. Sorry about that. I had all these great ideas for writing late last night. M and I were up until almost midnight talking about everything… and I had these great quotes that I wanted to pull out of context. And of course, I cant remember them now. Maybe I’ve lost my touch. Maybe I need a vacation. Maybe its just the wintertime. I don’t know. I’m in a rut.
Just in time for the holidays.
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment