Friday, April 28, 2006

Friday is upon us


You know when you are standing on the beach, just where the water hits the shore? You stand there, looking out towards the water, its sparkling and the sun overhead is blinding you... After a while, when the waves come in and out, you feel like you are drifting. You feel like you are being inexplicably pulled closer to the water. Closer and closer, you feel like you are moving... But in reality, you are just sinking. Sinking into the shore.

Welcome to my blog today, folks. Though, from my counter, I’m actually convinced no one is reading this anymore. It cool. It hasn’t been that good lately so I’m not surprised. Why is it so hard to write lately? I feel like my flow is missing. I used to do this little flow of consciousness & then edit around that til it made sense. Now, its like coming in pieces, ripped shreds of thoughts. And I don’t know how to connect them. So disjointed.

For example:

Today’s Should’ve Been a TV Movie: United 93

I was up so early this morning... had to be at work for 7:30 am but because tonite is going to be so much fun, I’m not even feeling tired. I feel pumped up. We’re having a campfire. I’m getting smores and vodka, just what every campfire needs. And the wkd’s forecast looks good, weather-wise and entertainment-wise. I’m finally getting to hang out with my buddy, Al. We were born under the same stars... so we have unusual amounts in common. Including getting pretty & going to shady 80s clubs with bad music to dance our asses off. What? You don’t love that?

I’m pumped up but also a little sad b/c BFF is leaving for 2 weeks. We talked last nite while she was packing and that’s when I realized how awful it’s really going to be without her emails, texts (which by the way have been really skimpy lately, Kitten, so get back on it) and calls (I cant call you from work b/c your private ass phone line wont access unavailables... DUH). Two full weeks without her? Yikes. She’ll be calling me from the airport, per usual on Sunday so I will get a chance to give her one last hurrah. Everyone else: Be prepared. I’m going to be really needy from now til her birthday. Then... “CAN WE GET TOGETHER? I REALLY, I REALLY WANT TO BE WITH YOOOUUUUUUUUU...” (sing it, Madonna!!!)

Today’s Shameful Admission: I just cleaned out the side of my wallet with the change in it to buy lunch. Ok. I have $1.50 in dimes to buy some soup today. That’s because I avoid the ATM at all costs.

I took a bike ride yesterday at the usual spot and my legs STILL hurt going up this one hill. I was thinking, and tell me if I’m wrong, but doing it for like 4 days in a row, you would think that the 4th day would get easier. NOPE. Not at all. In fact, I almost quit because it burned so bad and I’m not sure if it’s the conditioning or the fact that I was more disappointed in the failure of the conditioning. How long is this going to take to get into shape here, honestly? A couple of weeks? Cmon. Christ.

Today’s Revelation: I think TULIPS are my favorite flower. I never really loved flowers before (primarily because I seemed to never get them) and now I feel like tulips are the prettiest things in the world. As you can see, the ones in my office opened up today and they make me so happy that I had to share.

My friends from school are talking and making plans about the reunion. God. I don’t know. I really want to see these girls. I have been talking about it for 5 years now. What better timing than a planned wkd when they will all be in one spot could there be to do this? Yet, actually... there are some factors keeping me from the whole ordeal. Factors out of my control. But the closer we get, the more I'm thinking... I’m going to have to work something out here... At least I know you’re in it for the long haul, K. You always are! Ha.

Last Night’s Television Drama Review: HOW OFF THE CHAIN WAS THE OC LAST NITE? Long live senior prom. And Ryan... God, the hotness. Too bad he plays an 18 year old high school kid who asked an older woman (what, 21 at least?) with a CHILD (which is not his) to his prom? And the bitch says YES?!? How about that for the realness?

Enjoy the wkd. It's going to fly by... And I'll see you, AMY LEE, on the other side. WHERE THE F ARE YOU, ANYWAY? You send me a text and then you disappear? SUP.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can be my bodyguard, and I can be your long lost pal....I am so pumped about tonight, and I am not sure why, but I am. I think bri hit the nail on the head with the campfire idea.
And I AM your loyal reader.