Let’s not even sugar coat it, ok.
The weekend was awesome. So awesome that it makes my Monday look and feel like the biggest piece of shit waste ever. I hate my job so intensely today that I feel like I actually might look online for another one. Oh wait. I already did that and thanks to the economy, there is nothing out there right now. My head is pounding. I’m tired. My boss is on her way back to the office (dammit, cant you just stay there forever?) and I’m sweaty because it's fucking hot in here. Maybe because they took the AC unit out last Friday and the new one isn’t coming until JUNE. WTF. Who does shit like that? IDIOTS, that’s who. Welcome to the fucking jungle, people.
Ah. Monday. It wasn’t supposed to be like this...
Friday night brought me a wonderful surprise. At dinner, M. and I were disrupted by a family of three making there way to the back to sit right next to us. These two tables are very close and we could here the mom say, Well, only if these two don’t mind. And the waitress replied, They wont mind, they are really great. So we turn around to agree with her that it would be fine and it turns out to be my former co-worker & friend K! I was so excited to see her. She’s the type of Debbie Downer personality that I love. She’s sarcastic but not at all meaning to be sarcastic... Her life is just too difficult for her and she’ll let you know all about why if you just give her 15 minutes. (Le le, you would better know her as my friend from accounting at Davis who got fired... ha ha... she joked about that, Best thing to ever happen to me!!) I seriously love that woman but I couldn’t exactly tell you why.
I also made some smores later that night. (Does anyone remember the smores they made way back in the day that you would microwave? Yea, when I was like, maybe 13, they had them in grocery stores & they came in these red boxes, maybe Nabisco or something. And I was the biggest and apparently, the only fan because they didn’t stay on the shelves too long. The marshmallow would puff up in the microwave and the chocolate would melt? So good...)
My brother had a campfire thing with his friends Friday and I mostly hung out with Murph and drank my Svedka & OJ, which didn’t go well at all with smores. The thing about being a pet owner is that you have to set limits and discipline your dog. But I just cant help it sometimes: He’s too cute for words when he’s trying to steal everyone’s marshmallows off their sticks and sticking his head into the graham cracker box. He just melts me. Is that really so wrong? But I have to say it was really interesting to see my brother through his friend’s eyes. I don’t think you ever really can know someone until you see them through other people’s eyes. It’s really, well, eye-opening. And his friends are all really great people. I can see why he likes them so much.
Saturday was a great day of exercise and cleaning. Sometimes there is nothing more fulfilling than cleaning your entire apt from top to bottom. And I even gave Morty a new bowl of water and he was a little traumatized by the net when I scooped him. But once he was back in the bowl with the fresh O2, he was chillin. And that night we ended up at another campfire, but this one was much bigger and much more... colorful? Is that the word? As in, beer bottles and cans were thrown into the fire. Dirty plastic plates: into the fire. In Murph’s place, there were 2 rough-looking labs eating raw meat. And instead of smores, there were slabs of red meat and chicken, which was really good by the way right off the grill, esp. when eaten without silverware. And I was totally that girl with the Gatorade and Svedka whose boyfriend almost accidentally shoved someone into the fire.
Sunday, you would think would’ve been a total hungover waste, what with the Svedka and all, but in reality, it was a great day. Perfect to be outdoors with M & M... my two favorite men on a nice long bike ride. Completely without trying we made it to our goal, which had originally been to get to the dam by the end of the summer. We got there Sunday, by a series of mistakes and literally an uphill battle. UP HILL. FOR MILES AND MILES. UP HILL PUSHING A MOUNTAIN BIKE. UP HILL IN 70 PLUS DEGREE WEATHER IN THE WOODS. At the top, M. finally said, I think we should turn back. This isn’t going anywhere... I agreed. I couldn’t take it anymore. But I glanced just around the bend ahead & saw the road. We made it. And it was very satisfying. The ride home was a breeze, downhill for 90% of the ride. And we were both very happy to have our new camelpacks. You really cant ride that far without them. And we even found Murph plenty of places to refresh & take a dip along the way. It was truly an awesome bike ride. We cant wait to do it again next wkd... but we'll be bringing sandwiches with us next time. I was starving.
Today’s Evidence that Brunettes Have More Fun: You know you’ve done well for yourself when your boyfriend’s FRIEND tells you he likes you’re new hair.
Today’s Evidence that CRASH Winning Best Picture was a JOKE: Walk the Line. Amazing. Just amazing. Why this wasn’t a serious contender for the Oscar, I’ll never know. The performances just moved me. Incredible. And the whole thing was really put together nicely. Way better than Brokeback and Crash. Infinitely.
1 comment:
AWWW! You saw Karen? That's awesome. Sounds like she's doing great.
Post a Comment