Friday, May 12, 2006

May Showers? WTF.

Today’s Yep, Totally the HOTNESS:
http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/6719738.html#cutid1

So it’s Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I admit I’m pretty bummed ONLY because tomorrow was going to be the big Design Debut day at the market, but the weather has killed it. Shot it dead. But there is a silver lining... last night my sister came up with her husband to see the stuff I’ve made so far. They were both so impressed. She even offered to take some stuff with her to work to see if she can sell it. So I put together a box of about 20 pairs of earrings and put little prices on each bag and slipped a business card in there. So professional-looking! I even took some digital shots of the ones I gave her to start, as M called it, my catalog! Ha ha. It’s a great way just to get some feedback, to see what people like, don’t like. So we’ll see how it goes.

M’s brother also stopped by last night to watch the game and I showed him the goods. He really liked them. A few he singled out, like, Those are really nice. Its not like I’m fishing for compliments at all. I just wonder if people are going to like them as much as I do. Because I’m invested in it, emotionally and economically. And M’s opinion def is near and dear to me, but his fawning can only be taken so far in terms of really testing the waters of the general audience.

Course now I’m wishing I had the pictures to post this morning. But I don’t. Oops.

Today’s Work-Related Humiliation: I have to go grocery shopping for a doctor today who is hosting an event at the local YWCA. GROCERY SHOPPING, FOLKS. Like plain old fashioned cart and going up and down the aisles to buy food for this event. And I’m sorry, but if that’s what they want to pay me to do, I’ll do it. And not only that, I’ll do it and take off for the homestead immediately after dropping said food off even though I should a, probably help set up, and b, should return to work for the rest of the day if not helping to set up. This doctor, who by the way, paged me no less than 4 times on Wednesday morning needs a good slap in the face because she is so damn needy and annoying. Look lady, its not rocket science. It’s a EVENT for 40 people. RELAX. Not that its at all professional, but I deliberately didn’t return her pages and actually went and got my nails done in the Board Room as part of Nurse’s Appreciation Day. Ha ha. As I'm sitting there, waiting for my nails to dry, someone enters and actually tells me, Hey, didnt Dr. Soandso just page you? What employer wouldn’t love to have me, right?

Today's Question: What is the vitamin that you need to grow nails? Because I'm still having a real problem here. I cant get my nails to grow without splitting. It's getting really annoying and I wonder if I'm suddenly deficient in something. I take a daily vitamin, but if anyone knows what I'm supposed to be doing for this, please comment. Thanks.

Today's Personal Insider Joke: (you know who you are) I thought since J had some guidelines for your relationship status, I would come up with one of my own. Just for fun. Mmmkay? So from now on, you can only sleep with M on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Got me?

Today’s Weather Forecast from Hell:

Friday
55° / 50°
Saturday
53° / 48°
Sunday
53° / 48°
Monday
58° / 50°

ENJOY!
It's effing MAY, right? I mean, we're past April showers... we're in May flowers? RIGHT?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't you call a caterer?
Then again, I have been paid to go to Michael's and put together frames for centerpieces of "sad but hopeful" looking kids for centerpieces, so I shouldn't talk.