Thursday, June 29, 2006

Since it's THURSDAY....

I thought I had beaten it. I really did. I beat the Myspace addiction months ago... and then K and M had to go start up a profile, 27 years after the Myspace craze hit the world. So it’s all started up again. The checking the Myspace 57 times per day. You know what I need to do? I need to find a place of employment that blocks it. That will solve the entire problem.

Today’s Quote that tells ya just how much M must love me: I’m sitting on the couch, talking to my mom on the phone while M is next to me, watching the Red Sox game. I told my mom, I was buying Proactiv. The summer humidity is killing my skin. And I go, Well, it seems to work for a lot of celebrities... M just rolled his eyes, but as soon as it came out of my mouth, I knew I was an idiot.

Yesterday, I was walking out the front lobby with my flip flops on, per usual... and a little black girl who must have been not more than 3 years old, watches me. As soon as I get closer, she starts clucking at me... making this clucking sound with her mouth! I start to laugh... she is mocking me! She is mocking the sound of my flip flops, the little bastard! How funny is that? Moments like that make you glad you’re alive... just something so simple and cute... man, I loved it.

I sold some more earrings yesterday at work so that was good. I’m slowly by surely lowering my inventory. I just need some of my friends to buy some stuff so you can show it off. It seems like one person will buy stuff and then a friend of theirs will call me up and be like, I need a gift too! The thing is, it’s not about the sale, because the money isn’t what really matters... and its not even that much at all. I just like to watch people look through my stuff and be like, OMG! I love this... oh this is so pretty! Wow, you made this? It just makes me feel validated. I mean, I think the stuff is cute, but who knows if anyone else does? Right?

So besides Proactiv, I also bought an orthopedic pillow that should be arriving shortly. This neck thing is incredible. Makes me feel like an old bag already. An old bag – with acne.

Today’s Lesson in Life: Define success differently. When you are in the trash for one reason or another, think about your life and your goals. Do you think you are where you wanted to be 5 years ago? You’re probably not, if you define your success in a limited way. If you redefine it, success as something bigger than your day to day routine, your bank statement, your material goods... you will find that you are much more successful than you originally thought. And that will make you feel really good.

Today’s Hotness Review: http://www.courant.com/features/lifestyle/hc-madonnarev.artjun26,0,1029538.story? (Thanks, L)

BFF cant take a good shot to save her life, so there will be no picture posts of our outfits for the Madonna concert. Sorry to disappoint! Black doesn’t translate texture well anyway so my outfit didn’t look so amazing in 2D. The fun part was that I made my own anklet and earrings. To match my outfit! Who loves it?

Today’s Awesome Quote from Caitlin: “It’s kinda slow for a Friday.”

Saturday we are going to have a table at the Farmer’s Market. That is the plan anyway, assuming there will be no rain in sight. So try to come by... especially after 11am when Caitlin will be leaving to bring the “kids” to get their shots and I will be alone at the table. Come keep me company!

Today’s SHITTY Revelation: We get Tuesday off next week. Only Tuesday. So I come in for work on Monday and then again on Wednesday. SHIT-TAY.

And Britney... Vanity Fair? Naked? Ugh. WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYY?

Ok. You’ll have to excuse me for now. I’m just in between checking my Myspace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel that paragraph about success is an excellent train of thought. I am almost there.