6:30am. Yoga. No sounds but the fan and the heart beating.
7:20am. Leaving for work. On time. Listening to only NPR. Learning about the world news instead of listening to Madonna for the 4 millionth time.
9:00am. Working. Really working hard. Focusing on projects that I normally would wait until the last minute to shuffle through. (Even, or especially, on crap that I don’t want to do at all.)
12:30pm. Lunch. Lunch will consist of fruits, veggies and some carbs. No meat. Yogurt every day. Lots of water. Reading a passage of Walden by Henry David Thoreau. Office door closed. NO INTERNET. Reconnecting with the person I was in college... introspective and smart. (Ha. Imagine that!)
4:30pm. Driving home. Soothing music. No cursing other drivers out. Being patient and driving like an adult, not a 20-something freak who has somewhere to go.
5:00pm. Feed Murph and spend time playing with him and teaching him new tricks. You can too teach a purse snatcher new tricks! Like, wallet pillaging, for instance.
5:30pm. Knitting. Headbands, primarily. To keep up with the demand at the Farmers Market. God, I wish they werent such hot sellers.
6:00pm. Bike ride by myself. This is a new exercise that I started yesterday. What a difference you can make by riding by yourself. Focusing my thoughts on the here and the now. Really concentrating on breathing and opening up my mind to new experiences. And also try to release some pent up anxiety that can fester into full on brawls with my mom.
6:45pm. Bring Murph swimming/fishing. Walk Murph in a serene place with my mom (or other guest) which will be a relaxing experience. Try not to talk about work or things that aggravated me during the day. Focus on the future, not the past because there are a lot of things to let go of and lots more things to look forward to.
8:30pm. Head back to the apt. Pack up a lunch for the next day. Clean up a bit. Straighten anything that gets in the way of my feng shui, excluding M, who is on the couch.
9:00pm. Jewelry time! YES! Time to be creative.
10:00pm. Shower and enjoy some nighttime activities with my man. In terms of relationships, I also want to be the best girlfriend ever. This will require some and not limited to the following: not harassing him about the food he eats or the amount of beer he drinks, not harassing him about the amount of cigarettes he smokes. Not fighting about what to watch on TV. Not at all being a pest just because I’m in a bad frame of mind.
11:30pm. Sleep. This allows for about 7 hours of full sleeping. Perfect.
Wednesday, July 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am glad someone else is becoming an NPR Junkie. When do you have to be at work? Because the best segments are Morning Stories at 8:34 on Tuesday mornings and The Writer's Almanac everyday at 8:54 with Garrison Keilhor (whose last name I still cannot spell). Today is actually Thoreau's Birthday. See, I learned that on NPR.
I reserve the right to listen to hip-hop and Faster Kill Pussycat during the morning commute because I work in media and read the news all damn day long. lol.
I do kind of feel bad for Paula, though. Shit's out of control.
Post a Comment