AAahhhhhhhhhhhh. What to write, what to write.
I’ve learned my lesson. I’m pre-writing this in Word & then I will do the old copy & paste trick. Fuckin INTERNET EXPLORER 5.0 BASTARD.
Today, I gave the 15th draft of the grant that I’m working on to my boss (needed to cut 13 pages down to 5 hello page limit I didn’t know about), updated the Capital Campaign donor list, and got out the invitations bulk mail for the Annual Meeting. All in a day’s work, folks.
And tonite I get to go home, play with my new RAZR phone (oh yea, be jealous!) and eat some Indian panini bread pizza that my mom is making. After that I get to lay, half comatose on the couch ALL BY MYSELF and watch my IDOL Gwyneth Paltrow in the movie PROOF. Ah, with days like these, who needs the sun?
Yea, my mom got me the RAZR and all she had to do was sign my soul up for eternity (well, ok, 3 years) to Verizon. And I am pretty sure I’m only getting it because she wouldn’t know what to do with it. She seriously is just getting used to her WW2 era phone that has no LCD screen and barely any pulse left. She’s one of those people who like, kept the original ANALOG phone she was given back on June 2, 1996. HI. Move on with the times.
And here’s a big announcement: I have a nephew on the way! Yep, my sistah, not my sister, is having a baby boy in January. I’m friggen pumped. His rumored name? Alex. (K, we have to not ever mention the other Alex ever again in order for this to work!)
Today’s Lest You be Judged Comment: M is in a fantasy football league for the first time this year. And this is no joke. This is serious business. He actually called me today to tell me he got out of work early to go home & prepare for the DRAFT. And someone else in the group has flown in from ARIZONA where he lives with his wife and baby and stepdaughter to attend this said draft at a said RICKY BOBBY’S house, who himself has taken the entire day off to prepare to host this event. Seriously. Men are retarded on many levels, but this just takes the cake. Like, a FANTASY league where you pretend to be the owner of a team and you put the team together and like, hope the running back makes lots of carries so you get lots of points or something? The winner takes a $1000 cash prize. The guys in the LEAGUE pay in $250, which is probably and underestimate as M tends to underscore the true amounts of things that he spends his money on. Oh, yea, babe, this EMS jacket was only $20! (Try EMS jackets don’t sell for less than $100, M—I aint not fool.) But let’s take a moment to really appreciate the level of insanity... isnt this truly the next logical step from video games, where you pretend to be a player on your favorite sports team?
Today’s Inside Joke: Well, its not really a joke, but I keep forgetting to email you about this... Ricky Bobby is that new race car movie character... Will Ferrell... Like I said, you can thank me later.
I spent some money on groceries this week and the most agonizing part is that I feel like I have too much to eat before it all goes bad. Isnt that the bitch? Like, you buy all this healthy awesome food & then you have approx 24 hours to eat it before it rots. Dammit, preservatives! Why do you have to be so toxic?
Today’s Generous Quote from an old friend... I love this man. He’s like 55 or something and I swear to Christ, if we met in another life, we’d be either married and divorced by now or lifelong best friends... But anyway. He and I were chatting because he’s moved on to a big shot publishing company and he said this to me, “You’re a lifelong learner.” Wow. That is really sweet. And I admit: I felt a little like when someone pays you a compliment that you don’t really think you deserve but deep down if something in your life was different or if you could only get past it, you would agree with whatever it was that they said? Yea. It was like that.
Today’s Don’t Talk About it Unless You Can Produce Results: STARBUCKS. Fuckers. There is a guy in the office talking about how much he wants a latte in this dreary weather. DON’T TALK - UNLESS YOU ARE WILLING TO THROW ON YOUR RAINCOAT AND GET SOME FOR THE REST OF US. Mmmkay, buddy?
Correct me if I’m wrong but this is the last Friday of the summer and its RAINING and 60 degrees outside. Well, curl up with a blanket and watch a movie too, I guess. There will be an August Friday in your future again someday.
Friday, August 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment