Friday, November 17, 2006

A bracelet sighting is exciting!

Sometimes walking the dog, I smell Christmas. I smell wood stoves and cinnamon. And I have such a strong feeling about the season. Other times, I remember moments of real loneliness on the recent holidays (ie me drinking peach shnapps at the kitchen table with Murph) and I think I wish I could just escape it all this year.

Since the Seed made her shopping list for Christmas available for the viewing public, I feel like I should do the same…

What I want:

A psychic reading.

No, really. I feel like I don’t know where I’m headed most of the time. Sure, I’m headed to work every day from 9-5 and then walking the dog from 7-8 and then watching TV from 8-10. But in terms of real life planning for the future? I need some help.

See I want a house. And it’s come to my attention that 2 very close friends are either in a house or on their way to living in a house. Other friends have condos. One friend has more money than God saved and will prob buy a house soon. And I have… no house. Not enough money for a down payment. No husband to live in it with. No idea where I want to buy a house. Where I want to plant myself for the next 30 or so years. No clue. No direction. So I figure since I have no idea, why not have someone just tell me how it’s going to be and I can go from there.

Altho, perhaps she’ll tell me that I’m going to be dead by New Years so there is no point thinking about a house. Perhaps I should just gather up my peeps and go on an all-expense paid trip to Rome, Paris, Switzerland, Aruba, etc. Off the list? Asia and everywhere in the middle east.

I’m trying to get a flight out to BFF and its slowly dwindling into piles of $700+ for a 12 hour flight. WTF is up with that. Aren’t most airlines still bankrupt?

And what is up with the weather being warm yet humid? That doesn’t make things enjoyable at all. I’d rather have cold sun then rainy warm sticky… right?

This wkd Caitlin and I are blowing off a craft fair that we signed up and paid $25 to do. We just don’t feel it anymore. Which is funny…

I’m sitting in a mtg today with the Director of Communications to my left. I’m staring at her bracelet. ITS MY BRACELET. It one of the very first I ever made. MY BRACELET. I know it is. African turquoise with silver spacer beads… So at the end of the mtg, I ask her, Is that my bracelet? And she looks startled. And goes, I bought it in (town). I’m like I MADE IT! And so we go back and forth and I figured it out. Her husband had the booth next to us all summer long… sold the pottery. She bought the bracelet on our very first day at the farmers market. How amazing is that!

Happy Friday. I’m going shopping! TYPICAL!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is SO cool about the bracelet sighting!! Look at my little designer!

Anonymous said...

I am proud! Speaking of jewelry, I need to PURCHASE some from you for my Christmas shopping.

Anonymous said...

It is a small world we live in. :)
See you Wednesday night.

Anonymous said...

The psychic at Listening Center is supposed to be really good. I would go to someone recommended. I'll go with you if you want!

Anonymous said...

Don't you have a birthday or something coming up soon? Anniversary maybe?