this is the ring...
www.nuvaring.com
anyone try this yet? its fairly new but my doc said that because it sits directly um, there... that you dont get as many side effects. basically its not being digested and then pushed through your entire bloodstream. sounds like a great idea until you get to the whole, um, gag, insertion/removal part.
ha. i'm glad we can talk about this like adults!
ps hoodie... i'm not sure about the IUDs only because they are like from the dark ages. i would hope that medical technology has become more advanced than putting a copper implant in the uterus. ha.
Friday, November 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm trying the ring as soon as I get my shit together and get to the doc. My friends who tried it had nothing but good things to say.
I hear you. I only mentioned this because when talking to my ob/gyn about hating the intake of hormones/chemicals she said this administered the least amount and she felt it was very safe. I did do homework on them and they do seem to be on the 'up and up', of course they have risks but no worse than the pill I think. However as you mentioned they are from the dark ages. Is that so bad though? With all the advanced medical technology around, IUD's are still more widely used than the pill. I think what's good for one may not be good for the other. I'm still waiting for the male pill. Then I won't have to take anything. :)
The IUD has come a long way, however my NP and OB-GYN and normal doctor said it wasn't recommended unless you've had childers or an abortion. Listen to your body about the whole pill thing though...it might not be good for you specifically. Hopefully something will work out for ya
Post a Comment