Friday, November 03, 2006

Wiggle It... Just a Little Bit

Last night I had a dream that I was losing my left back molar. It was like wiggling around. Ew. I hate those dreams. Seemed so real.

Yesterday I finally went back to the knitting circle. It was great. Except that I brought my headbands to show the people I used to go with last year and these 2 new people were like all about making them. One was a 12 year old know it all. Basically she kept being up my ass about the type of yarn, the pattern (which I INVENTED), how she’s going to make them for her friends. And then part of the generous side of me (yes, there is one dammit) started to melt away… like, if you’re making them, then they wont be special. Because my headbands are cute. And I don’t mean to be a jerk, but they look very professional and def worth the $5 I charge for them at the market. So why should I teach some bastard girl how to do it? Ugh. I know that sounds horrible, but I like to keep things for myself. And I tend to have people copying me wherever I go in life. And it aggravates me to no end. Even as pitiful as the mimicry is. It just makes my blood boil. CANT YOU DO SOMETHING ORIGINAL? Christ. (Side note: my mom just called and told me that is the price you pay for being a trendsetter. I luv you, Mom.)

Another thing we need to talk about is this coat: www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=7430&pid=395378
The picture for this coat does not do it justice. First of all, you can detach the hood. Second of all, you can detach the fur part of the hood. Third of all, it’s a really cute coat. Oh I’m so happy with this purchase.

I’m going to the mall tonite to buy baby Alex something cute to wear upon his arrival and I’m going to try the skinny jeans again. Just try them. Just see what happens. Even tho I feel like I can never live up to the seed’s perfect skinny jeans outfit.

A few days ago I also ordered these: www.backcountry.com/store/TNF1257/c12/s36/The-North-Face-Insulated-Freedom-Pant-Womens.html
I’m getting ready for skiing. And I’m totally going to get my money’s worth with these babies because not only do I ski, but I walk Murph in blizzards (yea, that’s the fun part of having a dog) and he loves to go sledding (actually I drag him on the sled with me and he squirms off and then chases me down the hill, barking). K, I am NOT giving up. Seriously. GET ON IT. We will have so much fun this year…

And I have been trying out a new birth control pill: yazmin. For those near and dear to me, you have heard this already, but I have a very low tolerance for medicines. I cant take a Tylenol without severe drowsiness. So the pill has been a holy grail search for 7 years now. Currently I have 3 prescriptions and they all make me sick in different ways. Ortho trycyclen made me bloated 3 weeks out of 4, I was exhausted all the time, and I was emotional. Ortho trycyclen lo made me so nauseous that I gagged every damn morning on my toothbrush. Yazmin so far is not making me nauseous but I am so tired by 3:30pm that I seriously have a hard time staying awake at my computer. Plus I have been having weird cramps and backaches and an irregular sense of anxiety. Very annoying. I was tested for my thyroid a few months back and my doc told me it was elevated and could very well be due to the pill. The next alternative will be the ring. And you know I am not into that shit. But I don’t know how much I’m supposed to take of this.

This wkd I plan on vegging out. I have Amy’s baby shower on Sat and then I’m doing laundry and hopefully taking a nice hike with the main man.

Um, I just realized that my hair is a JOKE. I hate it. I am beginning to wonder if I’m really that ugly or its just a bad style. I’m not sure I can wait til Wednesday for the cut now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, you are not ugly.
Second of all, I am really surprised you are having so much trouble with the Pill. Are you going to your general practitioner or an ob/gyn for all this pill-switching? If you are NOT going to an ob/gyn, consider it. You have to take the ring out, you know before, you know....

Anonymous said...

What ring are you talking about? I seriously considered the copper IUD. It supposedly has no hormones. The effectiveness rate for the copper IUD is between 99.2 percent and 99.4 percent. Your ob/gyn puts it in and it stays for years as if it's not there and supposedly you don't feel it. Check it out online. I too am not happy with the pill. I was on the depo shot for 5 years after Ky was born but heard bad things about it and not to mention what it's done to my libido. I also think the pill effects that as well. Putting a hormonal pill into your system just seems wrong but what is a girl to do? The copper IUD thing sounded good but creepy.