Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Cry much?

Yest I had lunch with my sister and cried the entire drive back to work. I was so bummed. And I get to see her again on Friday. I don’t know where it all came from. Sure the buffet was terrible (as it ought to be at a hotel), but the part that really made me whimper was the fact that her husband is gone for the holidays and missed her birthday. So I got back to work and emailed him: Jess is the best.

She is. That sister of mine is really the best person I know on the planet. If they were handing out just all-around best person awards? She gets one.

Also last nite I teared up again (see? I’m telling you… my birthday makes me a crazy emotional freak) while walking Murph uptown. The snow was falling down and it was just me and my main man, walking around in a winter wonderland with Christmas lights and decorations everywhere. I loved it. I really loved the whole moment and I guess I got caught up. The holidays are an emotional time for me.

Plus there was a sign about this dog that has a trap on its leg and it made me so upset. If that ever happened to my dog, I would rip the guy who set that trap’s penis off. I’m not kidding. I would do what it took to bring him to justice. And that weird thing is that no one has reported this dog missing. So what is up with that?

I’m drinking some decaf organic earl grey tea right now and there doesn’t seem to be much taste going on with it. But it’s great to work here b/c you never know what kind of herbal tea is going to pop up in the kitchen on any given day. I’m on a blueberry kick myself. Though I should try to get another box of the pomegranate one.

Did I tell you guys I found pomegranate ICE CREAM? Its like vanilla ice cream with real POM juice mixed into it so its this light pink color and sooo delicious. Comes in a teeny tiny tin can for $5.49. So worth it though. M thought it was strange that it was in a tin can, but I don’t know. Is that unusual? I don’t typically eat or buy ice cream b/c I don’t like it. But there ya go.

Is everyone done with gifts yet? I have been done for a while since I bought everything online. A co-worker just told me she buys gifts for her hairdresser, nail person, the mailman, the guy who delivers the heating oil… WTF. Is that what you have to do when you’re a grown up? Because I don’t know about you, but the guy raping me with $3/gallon heating oil is probably not going to be on my list. And my hairdresser, whom I love dearly, who charges me $100+ for a cut and color (though worth every penny) and still expects a TIP? Not so much.

Speaking of the greatest hairdresser known to man… I have just sent another co-worker her way. This new cut I have gets compliments all the time. So I’m always like, you have to try my Tori. She’s the best. So they do and then I get $5 off my next appt for referring her. Its all good karma. This next appointment, I’m going goth again. I cant take the grown out highlights look.

That’s it for now… Sorry. I don’t have anything insightful to talk about this week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Almost Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Your sister really is the best. And I'm glad you are going goth. Welcome back.

Anonymous said...

I'm done shopping! I don't get gifts for anyone but the close fam and bf.

I get emotional around my bday too. Except for me that means grouchy and pitiful.

When is your bday btw?