Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Is it Lunch yet?

Sometimes when I am laying in bed, trying to fall asleep and M is still in the living room, watching football, I think to myself: If only Murph were here. I would snuggle him and fall right to sleep b/c he makes me feel at home. He’s warm and you can wear him like a blanket if you get him in the right frame of mind. He’s soft. And he’s always ready for a good nap.

Having a pet is like that. In all honesty, the relationship you have with your pet can sometimes be more rewarding than some of the people in your life. You love them purely. They love you purely. They don’t care what you look like. You think they are cute even though they ate your favorite pair of fake uggs. Sure, you want to scream at them when they eat trash and horse shit. Your head feels like its going to pop when they run inexplicably across the street for the seventh time that day because the neighbors dog is barking. But you’ll never ever lose that love for them. And deep down, they probably know that they can get away with it.

When you come home from a long day at work and a 75 lb golden retriever looks and stretches at you through the glass door, you know you have something special. When you are walking in wind chill 19 below weather and its snowing and the other snow on the ground is so packed down that its actually ice and your dog is running around the field like a madman, you know that its all worth it. When you need someone to go for a ride and they don’t care where they are going or for how long, take your dog. Sometimes, I even open the back door when I’m cleaning and he will sit in there, just in case. And sometimes, when I come home he will not come back in the house because he is waiting to see if I plan on going anywhere without him.

Last night I went to Walmart to get a few necessities. Literally, I took a look at my cart and estimated approx $30. WRONG. $55. Sunday night, I went grocery shopping and estimated approx $25 and again, FUCKING WRONG: $61. I just wish you could take a little price zapper with you in your cart and you could know exactly how much you are spending before you get to the cashier’s and its too late. Why has no one invented this yet?

This week has been an interesting one so far. Its just covered in DID YOU HAVE THE BABY YET (Darlyne) and CAN YOU JUST HAVE THE KID ALREADY (Amy). Seriously. I cant wait to see my little nephew (Amy). I’m just dying to meet him. When I thought about M’s 30th birthday party, I envisioned him there… 6 MONTHS OLD. How crazy.

My (real) sister is in Worcester so I’m meeting her for lunch… at 11:30am. Yea. I don’t normally eat breakfast until 10 so this will be interesting. I’m gagging on the thought of actual lunch before 1pm. Maybe they have brunch?

Today’s Personal Shout Out/Heart to Heart: Britney EFFING Spears. What is going on in that head of yours? WHAT IS UP. STOP WEARING SEE THROUGH CLOTHING FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.

It’s almost my birthday and I’m almost in that mood… you know the one. Where you are simultaneously PUMPED UP and WEIRDED OUT. Its almost paralyzing really.

Ok. I have to drive downtown now. BUH. BYE.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That lace dress Brittney wore is off the charts. Wearing a tissue would've given her more coverage.

Anonymous said...

Where is this picture?

Anonymous said...

There's your millions. The grocery guide. Copyright it.