Can we talk?
Is it bad to admit that I actually only heard about Darfur when it was reported a few months back on E! News because George Clooney went there to protest against the genocide? Is it worse to admit that I didn’t know Namibia even existed until Shiloh was born?
If not, then why does M think my entertainment shows are killing the American psyche? I’m gaining newsworthy knowledge that I would otherwise ignore on my homepage as it traipses across my browser while I’m searching for the link to Lancome’s MSN Deal of the Day.
I guess I can understand that b/c on one level, I feel like my personal intellectual capability has severely plummeted due to continued enjoyment of what I even call – MY TRASH.
My trash consists of E! News Daily and that horrible Top 10 show that follows it. I watch it. And I confess when I hear that little opening line… “Here is today’s entertainment news YOU NEED TO KNOW,” I get all giddy! YES! TELL ME! WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW?!?! Actually, I think I have done just that in front of M, just to make him smile.
Ah. I’m losing brain cells as I write.
Good thing today is Friday and I’m about 5 hours minus a lunch break hour away from total freedom. And by total freedom I clearly mean a less time regimented schedule of holiday wkd activities that I am both inclined and obligated to attend.
The cold is STILL HERE. HI COLD! Moving in or just renting? Cuz I was just wondering…
Friday, December 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I don't disagree with Matt, but i also have to comment that Fantasy football isn't exactly enlightening the American psyche either! haha
So, my brother Vinny, last time I was home, picked up my People Magazine and said, "Now I know ALL ABOUT YOUR TRASH" and gave me a whithering look.
Post a Comment