Today’s Dumbass Award Goes to… ME. Shocked? I had been ready to throw my mouse out the window b/c it’s been haywire for about a week and a half now. HAY-WIRE. Its making me a crazy person. Ever try to click on something and you miss and close something else? Or you try to double click and you triple click, thereby stalling your computer? So I’m like, YOU MOTHER FUCKER! I’m about to send a workstudy on a mission to snatch and replace when I unlock that little round ball in there and out it comes, wrapped in a long strand of my own brown hair.
Can we talk about Dunkin Donuts for a minute here?
Now, if you’re gonna put crack in my coffee and make me CRAVE it almost every day, people, can you at least make the experience enjoyable? I have ordered a medium hot DECAF caramel swirl latte about 4 times in the past 2 weeks. And I have gotten EVERY SINGLE TIME a reg latte… no caramel, decaf-questionable.
WHYYYYYYYYYYYY?????!?!?
Why is that so difficult? The funniest part about all this is that I relayed my frustration to M last night and he goes, YEA! THAT HAPPENS TO ME TOO ALL THE TIME. So ok…
I understand that you are from Romania and you no speak English. I understand that you make $6 an hour and probably have to get there by 5am with no child care. BUT JESUS MARY AND JOSEPH. DECAF. CARAMEL. Pretty distinct words, no? I’m not ordering MEDIUM. REGULAR. So if you have questions, ASK ME. Sure, my blood will boil upon being asked to repeat a very SIMPLE order in ENGLISH as an AMERICAN CITIZEN in AMERICA, but I’ll do it. I’ll even tell you to have a good day when I leave and mean it. I just want my $3+ latte to be RIGHT. Is that too much to ask?
And the really crazy part is that it’s the same girl. The SAME ASS DUNKIN DONUTS. And I never go back and complain. Normally, I don’t have the time to do that shit. And secondly, if I complain once, I will never be able to go back b/c the paranoia of them spitting in my coffee every morning after that will be too much to handle. Plus, she’s pretty. And finally, I’m afraid that I will just lose my cool and just come off looking like a psycho.
So I deal with it. And drink a BLAND ASS latte every morning when all I was really craving was a caramel swirl latter from heaven to eat with my glazed donut that I had to leave my apt 5 minutes early just to be able to get.
Really. AM I ASKING TOO MUCH?
Today’s D&D Order: Medium. DECAF. Regular. I think they got it right. BUT STILL. WTF.
My annoying, completely useless workstudy #3 is coming in in a few minutes so I have to go think of something for her to do. She’s actually stopped asking me and starts doing homework until I call her in to assign her something. And don’t tell anyone, but sometimes… its just busy work and I delete it after she’s done b/c it’s useless.
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love this blog. There is ONLY one DnDs that a) has good coffee 24 hours per day and b) no one can speak English and they STILL get your order right- and that is the one on the corner of Boylston St. in Worcester near Great Brook Valley. AND they are massively efficient. It's near the residential home I work at, so I have frequented it for 2 years and never have I been dissapointed. And I get a medium iced hazelnut coffee with skim milk and one sugar. Or the same but large and hot in the winter.
Fire your workstudy. I can give you some tips on how to do it.
I wish I had a workstudy. You can send yours to me.
Personally, I don't really have much Dunkin experience. But you should complain, in a nice manner. Just to see if it makes a difference. It is your coffee, and your money.
Workstudies...a good one is like a rare diamond. Seriously.
Trust me, it's not just Dunkin's in Worcester. There is one in my town that is absolutely fucking ridiculous. They get shit wrong and then they give you mega-attitude about it. I'd rather pay an extra buck to go to Starbucks where they most likely have graduate degrees ;)
It's so ironic that they suck and yet everyone continues to patronize them, me included. Not to mention the fact that they continue to produce large quantities of styrofoam cups. WTF to that!
Post a Comment