Monday, December 04, 2006

Today's Blog on the Fly

Today’s Lesson in Life: Always trust your intuition.

Fri night, M tells me he's going to play poker and I'm like... NOOOOOOOOOOOOO. I want to get a movie – let’s do movie night instead. And this is weird b/c normally, I'm like C-YA! CHICK FLICK NITE! But that night for some reason, I was so whiny and so like, don’t go or I’ll fake cry. But he gets a plastic bag full of beers and kisses me and stops at the door... I'm like, DONT LEAVE. And he's like, Babe. I'll be back in a few hours.

Not less than 2 minutes later I get a phone call. “They are towing my truck. Can you meet me?” “Where are you?” “Across the street.”

Ok. Some young hotshot cop ran his plates while he ran into the convenience store to get cigs and then as soon as he pulled out, he pulled him over. Apparently, M was overdue on his car insurance so they had cancelled it. Then as M was loading up my truck with his stuff before towing it, the cop illegally searched his truck... like while we were at my truck! Can you believe that? I was like, first of all, you can’t just run someone's plates for no reason, can you? Then illegally search the vehicle? I feel like the whole thing was some illegal fuck show as evidence of the fact that Massachusetts has become an irreparable police state from hell.

And the kicker: the cop came over to me and goes, HI, HOW ARE YOU DOIN TONITE. I glared at him and he said it again, assuming I didn’t hear him and I GLARED at him again. Like, FUCKWAD, don’t think I'm going to say HEY to you for illegally pulling over my man and towing his truck 20 feet from our apt for about $200 we don’t have to throw down the money pit. Seriously.

So regardless... I ended up driving him to play poker and I bought in. I LOVED it. Next time we go to Mohegan, I want to be in tip top shape. It’s so fun. Like asshole, only better. And there is money involved. I lost my $10, but learned a lot.

So the moral of this story is that yes, men are idiots when it comes to paying bills… but they should also always trust their woman’s gut instincts. ALWAYS.

Movie’s watched: Million Dollar Baby and Mission Impossible 3.

Movie’s recommended: MI3.

Movie’s recommended if you want to start a fitness plan: Million Dollar Baby.

Today’s WTF: The girl I oriented to my old job just wrote me an email, thanking me for recommending a store that sells long pants to her. Apparently she found the 34-inch inseam pot of gold there over the wkd. Well, happy fucking day to you. I’m glad I could teach you something.

Yesterday we went to the Pat’s game. Wore my new ski pants. Tailgated with my bro-ski. We had good seats. It was a great game. I started to lose hope there at the end, KITNA? KIT-NA!???!!! But of course, the Pats pulled through for the win. All’s well with the world.

All is not well with my head, which is plagued by a dehydration headache. No, not from drinking. At stadiums and concerts, I try to actually not drink much at all b/c of fear of the bathroom line. No, I’m not joking. I hate porta potties and waiting in line. And I hate dirty, drunken bathrooms in general. So I try to drink only the bare minimum while there. On the way home, I pounded a Gatorade, but I don’t think it was enough. Right now, I’m on herbal tea overload and its starting to go away.

Today’s Gripe About New England: It was supposed to snow today and/or sleet. NOTHING. NADA. False alarm.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

No snow here either, despite every news station playing it up, not even a FLAKE.

Anonymous said...

I went to my mom's house last night and gathered up all my snow gear and hauled its dusty poofyness back to Worcester, and I wake up, leap to the window, and it is SUNNY. I was so depressed I went back to bed, since I am a weirdo who LOVES snow.

Anonymous said...

Snowed a tad in southern RI. Not enough to cancel school or anything crazy.

Anonymous said...

Cheer up! Snow will be here soon enough and if not the temperature is sure cold enough to blow it. Kev's thinking their hill will be opening on Thurs or Fri. :( for me the wife :) for me the skier

Anonymous said...

boo, no snow...such a bummer.