Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I'm going on Safari...

In the 3 professional jobs that I’ve had, I find that there is no uniform work flow. There always seems to be a stretch of intolerable deadness, followed by extreme pressure cookers. This week happens to be the latter.

The website is to go live on the 15th. I’ll be sure to send ya’ll a link to it, but for now… its all about the updates. And shit is not as easy as it sounds. The company which created the website did so in strange CFM world abnormalities. It seems like every time I go to our ITS dept for help, I get the same preface: I don’t know why they set it up like that, but…

Ugh.

Work does fly by though when I’m this busy.

Last night, I walked with Caitlin and Murph. They love each other; it’s so cute. We decided to stop in on Amy because 1, it was her bday, and 2, because this will likely be the last time we see her before she gives birth. She is actually due today, but could go on like this as long as another week and a half. I’m finding that the due date isn’t really anything but a half-ass time frame on when you could possibly have a kid. When we got there, we saw that Amy had finished the nursery. Everything was so perfect. It looked amazing… a safari theme with green walls and some yellow accents. I looked at Caitlin and said, “You realize that next time we are here, there will be a baby in that crib, right?” And I think it really freaked Caitlin out. She kept saying, even as we left, Jill, I cant believe it yet. It just seems like it all happened so fast. I’m like, Dude, its been 9 months!! Ha. But she is freakin a little bit more than I expected. And I just kept reminding her that no matter how much she is freaking, Amy is 100% more freaked.

Today’s New Obsession: Croissants. How good are these things, really? I had no idea. In fact, I’m eating one right now.

Also, M and I are on a new National Geographic channel kick. We primarily cant agree on anything to watch on TV except African lion and tigers. Last night, we watched some special on big cats. And maybe that’s not a good idea. I was pretty flabbergasted at the fact that there are LINX and Cougars in Vermont. Now, no offense, but if they are breeding in good old VERMONT, you cannot convince me that there aren’t any in good old MASSACHUSETTS.

Today’s I Want to Rip That Trap Owners Balls Off and then Feed Them to the Negligent Pet Owner Who Abandoned that Dog: http://www.telegram.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070108/FRONTPAGENEWS/70108003/0/FRONTPAGE Tufts is truly amazing, I must say. They saved my sister’s Siamese cat years ago from kidney failure. Now that’s pretty damn amazing.

BIFF. Are you out there? You’ve been MIA for some time now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see your website. And I can't wait till Amy has that kid. And I can't wait till you feed the pet owner the trap owners balls. Thanks for keeping your favorite stay at home loser entertained.

Anonymous said...

Did you know I once WORKED at Tufts? Oh, yes. Summer temp job. SO MANY CUTE ALPACAS.