Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Inquiring minds...

So did I keep M awake with the drivel of my life? Hell no. The man was exhausted from snowboarding for 2 days straight in below F temps. I have some heart. And he'd just tell me to stop talking anyway. He aint no chump.

It's nothing important really. And I think I need to change that. My life is becoming a wee bit stagnant. I really enjoy just walking Murph and being wrapped in an electric blanket with a remote in my hand... like, all wkd long. But that is not good. I keep consoling myself by saying the usual things like, It's winter... what else is there to do? Or, It's only for a few weekends... everyone needs a debriefing here and there. But the truth is: Homeslice needs a LIFE. Pronto.

So I've got K - the only person who I feel its appropriate to send text messages about 20/20 to on a Friday night - and the only person who would reply to "Watchin 20/20?" with "Shit no. I'll put it on right now." and mean it - with me on this. We're going to do something, ANYTHING this wkd. And we're going to make it count. Regardless of the driving or walking in coats in the freezing cold. We're going to make something happen. Because JK, we are too young for this BS.

Speaking of 20/20 - Who else was home watching that? Because I couldnt believe that there are people who are starving in Camden, NJ. CAMDEN! That is like an hour from NYC, where rich people live. People who have tons of money to blow on cars and houses... HELLO? There are little kids going to bed starving every night in America. It really put everything in perspective for me. If you can find it on youtube - do it. It's eye-opening.

I know I'm trying to save money for a house, but I also need to know that I cant live my life like Scrooge either. So I'm still searching for that balance. (That's really the only positive thing about not doing anything over the wkd: I spent $0.)

Katie: I have some ideas for jewels. What color are your bridesmaid dresses? And when do you plan on coming home for a wkd? We should get together and see if I can do this for you. Er. I could just email you that, huh?

BFF is in Hawaii. She gets Hawaii and I get Alaska. Thanks, Biff. You're the greatest. No seriously. When do you move to Alaska? I'm thinking May might be the right time to take a trip to the north pole.

Spring Break 2007. Who's on it?

I have class tonite. The book is crazy challenging. I think I might have had it wrong when I said, Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittt... I'm way over this! Um no. Back to the land of Humble.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get the wanting to be home with the remote. I am loving it more every day. This past Friday, I was home, NOT watching 20/20, but still infront of the TV.

marcellus wallus said...

You'll get it! Going back to school is always tough on the brain. You're just not in learning mode yet, seriously. I totally get your frustration.

The couch 'n' TV rut is a slow poison...I found myself doing the same thing. You just gotta force yourself out of your element and it won't be so enticing to go back...