Friday, January 05, 2007

Today’s Gripe About My Husband: Irregardless is not a word, regardless of the fact that retarded people sometimes use it as one.

Hi, folks. Friday here. Just wondering how long the day will feel… in light years.

My boss bought us each a box of these chocolates for the holidays: http://www.burdickchocolate.com/default.asp They are truly amazing, handmade chocolates cut with very unique ingredients. Don’t take my word for it. Get some.

Today’s Call for Submissions: Anyone have any good new websites for me to view? I need some, like, NPR stuff to read. I’m into the New Year, new kick, so I want to increase my mental prowess. And I plan to do it on the internet. Primarily because I hate books. What's up with those people who read books, seriously? Dont they have cable?

The thing is that I try to read about World News and I cant pronounce most of the pronouns. Its annoying. So try to make it American news.

I also laid down the law last night, in my own way. See? M and I have had a recent bout of not-impressed-with-each-other as I like to call it. And so, I’ve decided to give us both another chance to get on the same page. We’re going to have til June to put our money where our mouths are, save that money for a house, get engaged, plan out some things pertaining to our future together, etc. JUNE. 6 months away. This is in no way an ultimatum, but a call for action to see how far we can really get with our goals. We talk a big talk sometimes, but we’ve stalled in our progression as a couple. And you know what they say, if you aren’t moving forward…

So other than that, its El Nino.

And I have noticed how often I do actually say my man’s first name. Pretty much in every sentence I speak to him. It sounds so funny to me. In fact, I love it because its cute. “Matt!” “What?” “Luv you, Matt.” “Luv you, Jill.” “Matt!” “Whattt?!?!” “Ok. Nothing, Matt.” “Maatttttt.” “Whaaaaattt.” “I need some chapstick.” It drives him a little batty, but its kinda become our pre-bedtime banter. Its silly. Harmless. It makes him tuck me in and shut the door to the bedroom so he can play video games in peace. Its just one of those things.

This Morning’s Fridge Contents: Eggs, medium salsa, mild salsa, milk, water, ketchup, butter. Seriously.

Today’s I Have “Alpaca”: My hair is falling out. Is it from going goth?

Yesterday afternoon, two young boys played soccer against my side of the building. I think they were using my office as a goal line. Fuckers.

I walked Murph last night and almost got run over. I stared down the driver like I was so hard. But inside, I was shaking. You can hit me, if you want, but hit my dog and I will kill you. In fact, I will hunt you down like a dog and maim you and then extract your fingernails and then call the cops. Yea. Cuz that’s how I roll.

Today’s Hilarious Quote from the Best New Show on TV - 30 Rock: “My mom tried to send me to Vietnam to make a man out of me. I was 12.”

Happy Weekending!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I love your fridge... haaaaaaa... xo.

Leeanne said...

Jillian, your HYPERLINK doesn't work...

hahaha, just busting your balls

Anonymous said...

Your fridge sounds exactly like mine, my friend.
You want real news? Go to www.utne.com, or www.salon.com. I get the New York Times headlines e-mailed to me everyday.
Which husband said "Irregardless"?