Monday, April 23, 2007

Weekend Update

Friday – found out at 4:30pm that I had a marketing fair over both wkd days to attend and decided instead of smashing my computer into a thousand pieces, I would just silently leave. And not attend said fairs.

Friday evening – took Murph fishing to a lake that I haven’t been to since last October. It smelt like summer. Felt sooooooo good.

Friday late-evening – took a bike ride through the city. Just me and the bike and the open road and burning thighs. Priceless.

Saturday morning – 1.5 hours on the driving range with Caitlin. Score: F-. Never shot such a bad percentage in my life. Bad swing. Horrible consistency. Devastating pain in shoulders before even leaving the course. I was definitely fucking up my swing with every ball.

Saturday afternoon – Hung out with our friends Tim and Jenny and their kids for a few hours outside. Little kids are super entertaining, esp when running around outside on a Saturday afternoon.

Saturday evening – Mountain bike ride with Matt and Murph. There is so much water overflow everywhere that Murph had plenty of places to stop and refresh along the trail. We didn’t go too far because we didn’t want to push it, but we went just far enough to realize that we fucking love mountain biking.

Saturday night – Watched Casino Royale and fought over the heating pad. The movie wasn’t as good as the hype. But then again, I didn’t understand approx. 98% of it.

Sunday morning – Slept in later than planned then had a great big breakfast at my moms. Broke in the new Belgian waffle maker. We decided to take the canoe out instead of the kayaks down an hour and 45 minute river course. Not one, but 2 great blue herons? Check. Osprey flying directly over our heads carrying a river trout? Check. Not paying attention and almost going over a waterfall? Check. Being out on the water like that is worth the hassle and the frustration of tying the boat to the roof of my Jeep. It looks so easy to do when you pass someone who has done it on the road, but when you do it yourself, you realize the amount of work it takes. Then you drive and pray the entire time that it doesn’t slide off and kill the person behind you.

Sunday afternoon – River hike with Murph. He found a hockey puck buried in the marsh pockets of a river that doesn’t freeze. Go figure.

Sunday evening – Grocery shopping with Matt. Might not seem like a sport but there is an understated feeling that speed and cost effectiveness if of the utmost. Must shop FAST. Must shop FURIOUSLY. Its almost a competition to see who can put the least amount in cart. Special note: we saved $9 in coupons.

Sunday night – talked to my favorite Alaskan about her options. Endless opportunities await. Though secretly, I’d love to have her come home and stay home for some part of the summer. Course I’d have to use up all my sick/personal/vacation time.

Then of course the Red Sox/Yankees sweep. Lovesit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome back.. i have had nothing to read for 2 weeks...

Leeanne said...

how did you get away with blowing off the marketing fair? I'm intrigued.

Anonymous said...

LOVE the update. I have been so bored with nothing to read! It was good to briefly see you yesterday.