Here is something you should know: Organic sunscreen doesnt work. Dont bother with it. Just buy Coppertone or No Ad.
Also, when you have an appt for an oil change that you assume will take a max of 20 minutes... DONT ASSUME. Tack on another 25 and then you're golden.
Last night I brought Murph swimming because... what else was there to do in 99 degree humidity? And there was a truck there. It didnt appear to have anyone inside. But I was nervous nonetheless. Those who know me know I'm paranoid of being kidnapped even though I'm like 85 years old. Add to that the fact that I keep hearing that men meet at rest areas to... well, you know... But anyway, I worried for an entire 55 minutes. Then, a young dad and his 8 year old son came around the corner of the river in a kayak. Got out, went to the truck and took off. ALL THAT WORRYING FOR NOTHING. That is surely a lesson in life.
Also, you would be pleased to know I've discovered the joy of the squat thrust and 15lb arm weights.
Though I havent quite gotten an invitation, I know that Montauk Part 2 awaits me this year and I'm hoping to be in the best shape of my life for a few days on the beach in the Hamptons. Because really, what else is there to do?
The Wonder Years is still on ION television and I'm still watching faithfully at 10pm every night. They went through the entire series and now are back at the best ones when Kevin is in junior high. Makes me think about all the things I did back then. Like homework (oh wait, still doing that) and caring so much about what other people thought or the popular kids. The family aspect is amazing, esp with Karen. That show is just too real.
My sister is making me renovate my room at my moms house. Not sure how this fits into the whole scheme of my life, but it does... somehow. I am thinking slate blue grey rug and white walls. I have lots of fine art prints to frame and get up on the walls. I used to take them from the art publisher I worked at. I'm pretty sure I can make that room look better than ever. Just going to take some work over the weekends.
I am too cheap to buy 2 new books for my one new class: Public Relations. So I am going to wing it and let's hope this strategy doesnt backfire. But you should also know that you can return your books online by selling them used on Amazon. Then once someone purchases your book, you mail it out to them and Amazon will give you a gift certificate in that amount. (Or you can give Amazon your checking account - not a great idea in the world of identity theft, mind you.)
So class again tonite and every Mon & Wed until August 15th. Depression again sets in. I'll just try not to think about the fact that my summers will consist of this regimine for the next 2 years. Laugh it up.
I'm only writing because I'm procrastinating. And that's a wrap.
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hahahahaha at the Davis shoutout....501s forever!
Can I say hoorah for no summer session 2 class? That means in September I get to take TWO classes instead of one. Rock on, school buddy.
Is my evite serious right now?
Post a Comment