Friday, February 29, 2008

Another Maxx Moment

Went to my new fav: TjMaxx @ lunch with my old fav: Yorkie. And she had some serious $1 tights in her shopping bag. I will have to check out that section again next week. I may be returning some things because I shopped super quick.

I bought (nothing from BCBG - sadness - UPDATE: I just checked online and Maz Azria re-launched To the Max as a ready to wear collection in 2004 so my stuff - no wonder I loved it - is actually part of the BCBG family!) but 2 things from To the Max; a really different onynx style billowy top (on sale for $20) and a short sleeve mulberry knit sweater tunic/dress (they had one in black too and I went for color - stop the presses - for $40 - I imagine it will be so cute with footless tights in a few weeks). I also bought a pair of decent pants from The Limited for $15. I would have to check the original tags to give you the real scoop on savings. Can you really talk about savings when you just charged nearly $100 at a store? There's a thought for you.

Hey, did you know I actually saw a Design History top there? And last week, I saw a Rebecca Beeson. Some serious designers, people. Not just Ralph Lauren and Liz Claiborne.

Then, I also got rubber rain boots my mom wanted. And I was kind of embarrassed to be seen holding them in the store. Bright pink with black umbrellas on them.

Ugh.

Rain boots? Rubber? Bright pink?!?

She's my mom. But dayum she can do some major WRONG.

I certainly didnt get my fashion sense from her.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

um, i have a few comments.

a) quit your job and go be someone's professional shopper. or go to FIT and pass everyone's asses and graduate in like 2 weeks.

b) i own black rain boots and i love them because i wear them with TIGHTS.

c) i'll tell my sister to do a face blog. but you'll probably be the only one who will read it.

d) theres a tire slasher on the loose. beware.