Monday, March 03, 2008

They Say Bitch is the new Black.

I disagree. I feel BLOG is the new black. Shit, 2 new folks have joined the blogosphere and I'm fucking pumped. Blogging is taking flight in a new way.

BFF has a travel blog. I'm going to get the link from her one of these days. You have to read about her trip to India.
And Rachel... new blogger. I put her link on the sidebar for you to check it out. I like the way she writes. Hi Rachel!

This past weekend, I felt so overwhelmed by life in general, that I had to take solace in a place I knew would comfort me: Macys. Do you guys remember when I bought those BCBG Girls Betsy pumps for $80 and wore them - then returned them because the cost made me feel so guilty I couldnt enjoy them? Well, Sat I found them at Macys again - this time for $22. Needless to say, I finally brought them home again with me. This time, they'll stay. In fact, I'm pretty sure they are the exact pair I returned a month ago - pewter, not black.

I also bought a pair of Seven jeans... for $23. But I returned them before I left the store. I have so many pairs of jeans... I dont even know what I was thinking by buying one more. I need to stop. If I had to guess, I'd day I have about 30 pairs of jeans in my closet right now. I dont need 31.

I also went and bought the cutest sweater from Express ever. I wore it out that same night and was really surprised that the cost of this sweater didnt bother me at all. It was like, $70 seemed totally normal for a sweater that I had to have. I knew that if I didnt buy it, I'd still be thinking about it today. And I also kept thinking BFF would be so proud of me for buying something I loved without complaining how much it cost. Golf claps.

And thus we've come to the end of my shopping spree. Really. I'm going to stop now because I need to save some more $ for the house. I really have to make it a priority again. It's just that when spring rolls around, I feel like stepping up my game. I've also started to think about fashion in terms of pieces, and not just outfits that I can wear to work. Its also a time in my life that I have a lot of extra money. So its good. I feel satisfied and happy with my purchases so they should tide me over a while.

I hope you all had a great wkd. Fri night, M and I had a romantical dinner for 2 at a brick oven pizza place. Then Sat night we went out with a group of friends to a Mexican restaurant - I got shrimp and asparagus quesadillas. I feel like I ate a lot this wkd. And that's not a good thing.

But the most striking part of the wkd was when M and I were curled up on the couch, watching our usual 60 Minutes... Did you guys see it this week? If not, you need to find it on YouTube and pay particular attention to the segment on Remote Area Medical. I cried. I bawled. I couldnt stop. Sometimes, the world makes me so upset, I just cry. And that was one of those moments. Even M was fired up about it. This is FUCKING America. How about we take care of Americans? And while we're at it, how about we say FUCK YOU to illegal aliens who come to this country and TAKE AND TAKE AND TAKE and think they are ENTITLED to TAKE. When working poor Americans have a thing called PRIDE and feel like they are working so they shouldnt have to ask for help.

Ugh. Dont get me started.

2 comments:

marcellus wallus said...

i love the term "golf claps"

Rachel Lee said...

thanks for the writin' props sista friend... long live the blogger generation