Driving into work this morning, I began to notice a few things about growing up. Little kids are funny looking. And they say even funnier things. Not that I would know firsthand, however. I only hear about these things threw the grapevine of life. But when you think about them, aren’t they kinda interesting little things?
For example, I heard on the radio that about 1/3 of children are now either overweight or obese. The person suggested that for your own eyes, just sit back and watch kids get off a bus sometime to observe this phenomenon. And due to my changed morning commute time, I was able to do just that. And let me tell you: Kids are obese.
Does that mean that there are less incidents of making fun of overweight kids in school, picking on them until they cry? I mean, because that would be awesome. If most kids are fat, wont they just stick up for one another and keep the mean bullies away?
But not all of them are overweight. In fact, most aren’t. I saw these two little girls, one black and one white, both dressed alike in pink everything and they were so tiny and adorable I couldnt even stand it. I could just imagine them growing up into a new version of
Then, there were the two tomboys girls, walking arm in arm, one with a see through blue visor on her head, wearing a softball jersey. The other, a little less sporty, but you could tell these two probably played with the boys at recess. Are they going to be the next Misty May and Kerri Walsh?
What about the teenage boy wearing the black tee shirt with white lettering that said POLICE on the front? Could he be the next Bounty Hunter?
I don’t know. Kids are so weird and complex. And they have their whole lives ahead of them. I don’t even remember being that little really. Just snapshots of trends (slap bracelets anyone?) and moments in time that were important and seem to keep creeping back up now and then (where did you get that scar?).
So when you think about little kids and all that they have to accomplish in very little time (because kids grow up so fast these days, or so I hear), doesn’t it make you just want to thank them. Thank them for being patient with us for pretty much ruining the world around for them?
Ugh.
But on the bright side of things, didn’t we do it? WE FUCKING DID
Sorry. I had to do that for BFF, who has now caught up on the blogs and realized that her crazy friend is even crazier than she thought before she left for
BFF: Call me when the cat’s napping.
Today’s For the Single Ladies Out There: Buy a damn wrap dress. I had no idea the power of a woman in a dress in the summertime. Men practically drool when I wear this BCBG faux wrap dress. And it’s not a fluke because when I wore the other version – a Maggy London wrap – I got the same result. This morning, I literally stopped a man in his tracks mowing the lawn. I would have laughed if I wasn’t worried about the fact that it was sunny out and I wasn’t sure I remembered a slip. I did though.
Today's Inside Track: Congrats to the newly engaged!!!!!!!! How does it feel?Today's Weighty Question: Do I add my boss on Facebook?
2 comments:
You stopped a man in his tracks? You are the bomb shizzle.
My old boss, who got a job in St. Pete, FL, tried to friend me on Facebook a few weeks ago. I did not accept. He does not need to know that my favorite movie is Grandma's Boy.
annnnnd...not used to the ring on my finger yet. haha. I believe I owe you some details.
I vote no on facebooking your boss. Especially when you call in sick, and then suddenly there are pics posted of you at a Tom Petty concert.
Post a Comment