Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Today’s Thought to Chew On: “According to the National Sleep Foundation's annual "Sleep in America" poll Americans are working more and sleeping less. The average amount of sleep was six hours and 40 minutes a night. The average workday? Nine hours and 28 minutes.”

Today’s Life’s Little Luxuries – A Moment of Sincere Appreciation: The remote control. My sister gave us her TV and forgot to bring up the remote with it. So while waiting for the USPS to deliver the remote, we’ve been changing the channels manually. And it’s getting old – FAST. I've taken to just watching whatever is on so I dont have to get up and change the channel. Ya know, QVC isnt so bad, really.

Today’s Viewing of the Apocalypse: On my commute in, I had the thought that maybe we experienced some tornadoes last night. But I haven’t seen anything in the news about that. Our campus is literally strewn with live wires and limbs down. One is just outside my window. One would think that they may have delayed opening until things were cleared, but nope.

Today’s Random Memory: Do you remember when we tried to get a 30 pack of Bud Light into Moore Hall? Why didn’t we just cover it up in something? We should have just wrapped it in a sheet or blanket and carried it in the front door. We made such a spectacle of trying to get it into the back window that we probably called way more attention to ourselves than if we had just walked in the front door with it. Also, we used to have a handicap shower. It kinda grosses me out now that I think about that seat in there. Did we ever even clean the bathroom? Did someone come in and clean for us? I don’t remember ever owning Clorox until Red Cross.

Today's Report on Previous Purchases: The nude lipstick was kinda a bust. It was called Olympia Rose but it had more of a peachy-orangey hue to it - not really like a matte nude. So I'm returning that. But the Urban Outfitters leggings are perfecto. Very comfy and long. Totally long.

Today's Report on Current Purchases: My last purchase was today - I got myself some new work pants because I realized that my Old Navy ones need to hit the trash. I bought them in 2001 for my first job and the elasticity is gone completely. So its time to upgrade in that area. And JCrew has their summer sale plus extra 20% off going on now. So I got some cute navy pinstripe ones for only $32 - regularly $175. Score on that.

And that's it. I promise to be done here. Ever since my oil change cost me $70, I've kinda realized that my days of spending are over. And it's not really gratifying to buy just to buy. But I think I really have rationalized these last few purchases because I needed to spruce myself up here for the summer. I am def the most dazzling dresser in this office, even though no one notices. They all recycle their office casual button down shirts in stripes and solids all week long, week after week... And here I am, killing it most days. But fuck it. I live for fashion. I cant help it, really.

And now that my skin is clearing up, I'm doing much better emotionally. I feel like the summer heat spell sweated out my last bit of insecurity and pore drainage and now, I'm just recouping. Billy Joel up next. I'm bringing my mom as my date and I'm looking forward to it - even though she has asked if she should wear her leather jacket and whitewashed jeans. I think she was joking but only time will tell.

Also, my sister leaves for Maryland tomorrow and I'm not really ready for that. But its just another reason to stop spending - flights are not cheap!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have no idea why we wouldn't just put a sheet over it and bring it through the door. Alicia never paid attention to us anyway. And yes, some poor soul did come in once a week to clean that sick bathroom with the sick chair in the shower. I used to balance all my shampoos, etc on the chair's rail. I'm sure the cleaner loved the pics we hung up in the bathroom. Fierce.