Thursday, June 26, 2008

What's cookin', lover?

Yesterday's Direct Quote: "Mom, grow a set."

This week has been delicious, if only because today is my last day of work until July 7. Not too shabby. However, what was supposed to be a week of BFF debauchery has now turned into a solo crap shoot due to a failed gall bladder. But I'm sure I'll figure out something to do with myself. Can't be that hard to entertain yourself on minimal funding for 10 days.

Couple things you may have missed in the life of Murphy's Law:

1. Murph got a haircut and thus now looks like a yellow lab. I barely recognized him when I picked him up from the groomers. It's already growing back so fast though.

2. My boss is back from the Himalayas and looks great. Nothing quite like a vacation to a third world country in the midst of a political shakedown to really make ya enjoy your sabbatical. Apparently.

3. I went to buy my Prada eyewear and didnt buy it - them? What's the proper term there? I had been dreaming about these glasses since at least 2007 and then my desire to purchase was increased when I saw BFF wearing them in Austin. But alas. Even the price tag was no longer standing in my way... it was the size. Apparently, even though I have the roundest face ever, my area around my eyeline is 48 inches and Prada's width starts at 52. So basically I looked like I was wearing wings. Ugh. Not a good look. And I'm bummed. But I figure I can do some damage with the $270 I just saved myself at TJ Maxx today during lunch.

4. I have officially decided that Trader Joe's is way more wallet friendly than Whole Foods. But I love these damn organic stores. The food is just so much better. Right now, I'm munching on Puffin peanut butter cereal. Shit is incredible. And I ate my Fuji apple one day and a regular old grocery store granny smith and I threw it out after a few bites. It literally had no taste. It was awful.

5. I grow my own lettuce so therefore, I have not been buying as much salad-in-a-bag produce. Did I tell you all that? I have been a little too excited about fresh lettuce lately. But it doesnt taste bitter. Which reminds me of my next exchange:

"So I'm growing my own lettuce now. And it's awesome because I dont use pesticides so I know it's organic and healthy. But my thing is, I'm not sure I can wash it because when I do, the leaves get all wilty on me."
"Um. Yea. I would wash it regardless."
"Why? There's no chemicals on it."
"Yea, but there could be animal poop."
"Good point."

6. Tonight henna tattoos! I am so excited!! What to get, where to get it... Those are the questions.

7. I am finished with my advertising class. So I can now check that one off the list. I am officially half way done with my masters. Only 6 more classes to go.

8. I have finalized vacation plans in the Hamptons. We better see someone famous this time. Or I'm going to go knocking on Billy Joel's door myself.

9. Remember: If you have any days off next week, call or text me because I wont have access to email or the internet at all. But I def want to do something with you!! So let me know.

10. If you have extra rhubarb, I'll take it. I just made the greatest rhubarb streusel cake ever.

No comments: