Today's Bookmark It: The Cut. Seriously awesome for fashion-minded girls like myself.
Also, let's report on the triathlon... Um. I missed the swimming registration so I guess that will have to wait a bit. I can swim, took lessons what seemed like forever ago for years and years... but I dont know how to really give it a technical go in the pool. I dont think doggy paddling around the short end quite qualifies. And maybe I have a case of Michael Phelps mania, but I would love to learn how to perfect the backstroke and the breastroke and the crawl - which I cant do now without practically drowning myself in deep gulps of pool water. Yum.
But I have taken up running. Or jogging. Or half walking/half jogging - depending on your view of it. Ha. I actually surprised myself with my ability to keep up with my runaholic friend who does actual races... However, she was pushing her 2 year old child in a dual child running stroller so perhaps that doesnt count. I myself was dragging Murph along until he pulled the old SIT AND STAY routine - unwarranted and unrelenting. So I had to cut the 2 miles a wee short and put him up in the Jeep with a giant bowl of H2O.
What I didnt realize about running is that I need to eat - AT LOT. I'm starting to get the old concave stomach, which I hate. Because I have fast metabolism anyway and when I burn up what's inside, I get that awful hunger pain feeling capped off with a bit of light-headedness. Who knew all this would be a real lifestyle change? But its fun. I do need some nice new running shoes though. And of course, I would rather do trail running so I'm unsure what to purchase at this point so I'll probably wait a little longer until I figure out if I'm a runner or a trail runner.
That. And I am putting no less than $700 into my Jeep in the next 2 weeks. And that's a good thing. It's mostly preventative care, which I've never done on a vehicle before. Mostly because I never wanted to KEEP a vehicle before. And I love this damn Jeep. It's like an extension of self. I never want to see it go - unless I get a great deal on a hybrid or electric version instead. Thing's a gas HOG.
But what I find in life is that you really cant have it all. Nope. You cant!
And after attending a funeral for a 22 year old beautiful blonde girl, I have a new weirdness about funerals in general. I mean, it doesnt really make sense for a priest to talk about you if you didnt go to mass and interact with him regularly. Right? So then again, why make your friends and family sit through a long winded mass about nothing really related to your life or your passing... It's all kinda - WEIRD.
I guess what I'd like is to be cremated, almost immediately, because there is nothing creepier than dying on a Wed and being buried the following TUESDAY. Dude. Get me somewhere FAST. No need to hang onto the body - donate all the parts... Slice, chop. Whatever. It's fine. Wherever I am, I wont need em (or at least I hope and we'll see if I'm running around heaven with no eyeballs). And maybe everyone can just get together outside somewhere that I used to like going... You know that place near the Swift River that I loved, or where I bring Murph walking... And let my sister and brother do the talking... They'll know what to say. And BFF can read a poem because she's not one to make a formal speech and if she did no one would really understand it because mostly we survive on personal jokes that are just for the two of us. So that's that.
Ok. So its morbid.
The other good thing about running is that you can eat whatever. So I'm going to go eat some more brownies! Yay for brownies and white sugar!
Loves.
Wednesday, September 03, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
First, I need a beginner fashion blog. I can run, but fashion I cannot.
Second, you took up running!! Wahoo! Keep it up! I hope you enjoy it! Eating a lot is one of the best parts!
hey girl i was JUST thinkn about pickn up running again...im a trail runner-when i do run- i have this theory that it is easier on the old knees. AND i have been eating whatever i can get my hands on lately b/c it's chilly out, and my body doesn't seem to know that my BMI is already QUITE adequate to weather the winter. lol. so exercise here i come. -marcella
Post a Comment