Friday, September 12, 2008

NY, NY

We saw oodles of models – men and women – with makeup and legs so high you couldn’t see their tiny heads. Stick figures is what comes to mind, happily. They were skinny and FABULOUS. Bright red lips and tight, long ponies. I think for the Philip Lim show that ended before Nanette Lepore. We did catch a glimpse of this very famous supermodel. And yes, she’s just as awkward in person.

We were right there when LC and Lo walked by into the tents and the girl had to check her clipboard. Yes, we were probably way too excited for some late-20s girls but LC is not super skinny. In fact, Lo is more petite and LC is more reg girl size, which is great.

We caught Mel B. of the Spice Girls exiting… and then a swarm of bodyguards around MICHAEL KORS, who is absolutely stunning in person. All black and skin glowing like a fucking light bulb. Then a few minutes later, Nina Garia teetered by in the most amazing outfit I’ve seen in real life– FUCKING FLAWLESS. Her outfit was so out of this world, I couldnt handle it. I was literally shaking… was Heidi Klum next?

Unfortunately, no. But I did score some tights from Trina Turk outside the front entrance. They hand out freebies and just generally look awesome as designers, editors and buyers walk by into the tents in outfits that cost more than you car.

It was MY LIFE’S AWESOMENESS. FUCKING NEW YORK FASHION WEEK. Now I’m going every year.

Then Caitlin dragged me away to see the sights and the rest of NYC. And we hit them all: We ate $20 hamburgers in front of the gold statue in Rockefeller Center. We sat in on mass at St. Patrick’s Cathedral. Took photos in front of Trump Tower and Tiffanys. Walked by glamorous shop windows like Versace and Bottega Venetta on 5th Ave and saw an actual BIRKIN bag on some old rich lady's arm.

Then we heard some music a block up and headed there only to catch the outside concert for LL Cool J taping the Early Show for CBS. Score! Then onto Central Park West, where we kind of got lost for a little bit, and were invited to the Kootz(sp?) show (some new rapper taping for MTV). Then we strolled by the Strawberry Fields memorial for John Lennon and tried PINKBERRY! I HATED it!! It tastes absolutely horrible.

The hotel was AMAZING – super and should have been for $367 a night – on a WEDNESDAY. Then we took the subway to Columbia where I had to work for a few hours before getting dinner at the pricey Ocean Grille. But it was worth every penny. So delish.

On the way back to our train the next day, we did some shopping near Times Square and Macys. I got the best plaid shirt from H&M and wore it out that night with BFF.
Yesssss. BFF IS HOME PRAISE BE TO GOD.

The last few days could not have been any better and this wkd things are only looking up. I love my life. And I HEART New York.

But not the Giants. Fucking losers.

No comments: