Thursday, September 25, 2008

Woe.

If you arent paying attention to current events... SHIT IS HITTING THE FAN, PEOPLE!!!. Wake up and smell the destruction.

Today's NO SHIT: “We’re going to have to interrupt a negotiating session tomorrow between the Democrats and Republicans on a bill where I think we are getting pretty close, and troop down to the White House for their photo op,” said Frank, the House Financial Services Committee chairman. “I wish they’d checked with us.”

Most people are like, who cares? This doesnt directly affect me - I dont work for Goldman Sachs.

Ugh.

I dont know about you, but I'm terrified about all this. It means we're staring down the barrel of the next Great Depression, folks. It means that you may not be able to afford your property taxes next year, you may not be able to get a mortgage or student loan, and you may lose your job. Hi, soup kitchen.

I know I have a tendency towards excitableness (i.e. gas prices) but this is very serious. And while I'm happily house hunting - I'm also FREAKING out because what if we cant get a loan and what if I do and then I lose my job and cant afford my mortgage. WHAT THEN?

I think I feel worse about all this because I am currently enrolled in a class called POLICY ANALYSIS. And while I find the class overwhelming (hi, 3 textbooks, plus case studies, plus readers, plus a 25 page MIDTERM) I actually find the time passes pretty quickly. All 3+ hours are spent on current events - markets, regulation, and public policies. It's all perfect timing to take this class esp when we are coming up on 40 days until our presidential election and all this economic turmoil. But what that also means is that I'm actually INFORMED. I actually LEARN about what all this financial crises means to me - and it aint pretty!

So in an effort to keep my head clear and try to move on, just like everyone else is moving on... I'm going to talk about my favorite smile-inducing friend, Squeak.

Squeak (aka Jack) has now officially become Little Brother. My mom even writes his vet appointments on the calendar as LB. Someone once said, It doesnt really matter what you name a cat because you always end up calling them something entirely different anyway. So true, man. So true. He's such a ham now that he's entered his teenage years. And he is in love with his Big Brother - Murph. IN LOVE. In love in a way that you would tease your elementary school crush on the playground and then run away from them if they looked at you. And Murph is great with him. He nibbles him a bit and pounces carefully around him when they play and it just makes me laugh so hard. To see XL and XS playing just brings me back to Earth when times get tough. Maybe I'll try and get a video of it to post because I am not doing it justice in text.

I gotta work. Esp since next week I may not have a work to work at. Ugh. Economies.

No comments: