Friday, October 17, 2008

Killer

Overheard in my head: (reading my homework) The Three Basic Rules of Probability. Oh great, fucking, physics.

The fact that I managed to not only survive both physics and calculus in high school, but get A’s, is testament to the fact that anyone can be a straight A student. You don’t have to be very smart, just a good learner. And I plan on telling my children that one day. There will be no B’s in my house because there are no excuses otherwise.

This morning I have to tell you, I was practically skipping to work because I allowed myself a pumpkin latte and wheat bagel from D&D’s. I waited in line forever. I got to work and took a sip of the decaf latte and absolutely no pumpkin flavor and no sugar. I kind of wanted to kill someone. But I forced myself to drink it anyway. I made my bagel and wished like hell I had real butter (that stupid margarine they give you tastes like bad oil) and an everything white flour bagel. People, in short, breakfast which was supposed to be a treat, sucked it.

And now I’m sitting here, jumping out of my skin, thinking I’m having a panic attack… I’m 100% sure this was not decaf, nor was it ever intended to be my latte even though I specifically asked the girl: Is this decaf? Yes. I haven’t had caffeine in about 2 years so this is a very strange and yet unmistakable feeling. I want to jump out of my skin. And so I’ve taken to drinking an entire liter of water in 10 minutes. And if that doesn’t help flush it out of my system quickly, I may just have to take a power walk around the block a few times and risk death (because our neighborhood horrible) and bladder control (because I’ll most certainly have to go a hundred times).

Today’s You Know Who’s Hot?: Brandon Flowers of The Killers. Hotness.

Today's At Least its Friday, Though: Going to have a Maxx moment during lunch today. I think I deserve one. Especially since its Friday.

Happy weekending, folks.

No comments: