So I get in today and one of the secretaries proceeds to tell me that she forwarded my boss’s phone calls to... ME.
OH. HELL TO THE NO.
Do you remember that the woman gets 12 calls per minute? I am not spending the entire week answering the damn phone while she is away on a cruise ship. NOPE. Especially when people who call for her and then get my instead act like I can just do whatever she was going to do for them... UM HI. She’s a VP. Do you think I’m going to sign your expense sheet, dingbat? I made sure that secretary got the memo... NO CALL FORWARDING TO JILLIAN. HOMEY DON’T PLAY DAT. HOMEY PLAYS A LITTLE GAME I LIKE TO CALL FORWARDING UNWANTED CALLERS DIRECTLY TO VOICE MAIL. THANKS.
Good weekend, everyone? All around? Hope so... I love summer. I love warm weather weekends more than I can ever explain.
Friday night though... WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING? I went to a local bar with M... one we haven’t been to since early February and I stood there for about negative 3 seconds and realized: OH YEA NOW I REMEMBER! THIS IS WHY I DON’T COME HERE! Do’h. DJ night with middle age white trash and their 21 year old progeny. Terrible. Just the worst time ever. So of course, to make it more bearable, I decided to drink more than I had planned. Stoli and razz... Chocolate cake shots. ShotS plural. Dude, I’m not 21 anymore. I cant bounce back. As Caitlin said (as she & I were making jewelry Saturday late morning and I could barely form a proper sentence), “I have like, 2 beers and I get hungover. Whats up with that?”
And then I took a bike ride with the Murphanator. And that was rough. I didn’t get too far. For some reason, just one night of binge drinking erasing a month of conditioning... Just. Like. That. WHO KNEW? Not me!!!
Saturday night was mellow. Got to see my sexy high school bitches. Um. Wait. No, they are not in high school. That sounds bad, huh? I’ll rephrase... my friends from high school that I’ve reconnected with. And we had a great time just talking and eating. IMAGINE THAT! Just sitting around a table, having some vodka smoothies and kabobs and veggies and dip... AWESOME time.
Today’s Lesson in Life Recap: Going to a Bar? SUCKS ASS. Low Key Dinner At Friend’s Condo? KICKS ASS.
Sunday was one of those days that you accomplish a million things and you feel exhausted doing it all but you simultaneously feel accomplished too. I did 3 loads of laundry, which just right there, sucks about 3 hours of the day away into some waiting oblivion. Baked some amazing choco chip cookies and some eh banana bread. Lots of crap like that.
But now is the real push for the jewelry making. We have our crap for the table and stuff. We just need to really make some more sellable stuff and then Saturday is D-Day. I debated taking one day off this week to stay home & produce some shit but I cam in this morning and its like a non-stop hurricane of WORK. Yea imagine that. How many days now is this? I cant keep up this pace. So maybe a sick day is just what the doctor ordered.
Thanks for everyone who has been so supportive thus far. I’ll keep ya posted on how we do.
Monday, May 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment