Friday, May 05, 2006

A Mixed Bag


There is so much going on... I really don’t have time to sit & write consecutively... I’m going to leave this file up all day & post before I leave. I’ll just add my random thoughts I’ve been wanting to share for the past few days.

Ker, I am sorry I haven’t emailed you... I barely have time to like, pee. But I miss ya.

I am in love with Johnny Cash now. This morning I put in Ring of Fire and I actually like teared up... with joy. (Ok. I also have the world’s worst case of PMS, though it hasn’t been confirmed by the World Health Organization just yet. Stay tuned.) But for some reason, playing it, while driving through Woodland Street, I kind of felt a little guilty. Like some redneck hillbilly escaped convict from 1968. Now, that’s a weird feeling.

Yesterday, on my ride home, I saw the sweetest, cutest young black boy on the sidewalk, with one leg on the street, like he was daring his mom to come outside and see him there. So I took my hand and gestured for him to get on that sidewalk RIGHT NOW (which I also mouthed to him, clearly) as I drove by and he obeyed, but not without this totally adorable confused look on his face that could only be the look of, Does this woman who is clearly not my mom have the right to tell me that?

Today’s Ad to All of You Lucky Bank of America Customers: The Worcester Art Museum will once again participate in the Museums On Us! free admission program sponsored by Bank of America. The Museum will grant free general admission to any museum visitor and one guest when a valid Bank of America ATM, debit, or credit card or MBNA credit card AND photo ID are presented to the cashiers upon entrance. This program is in effect during the month of May.

Today’s HELP ME, HELP YOU: I just recruited Spicy P to join me in the fight against REPUBLICANA. Um. Ok, we’re not fighting the UK, which is kind of like what that sounds like... um, we’re just fighting for Tim Murray @ the Democratic Convention in June. And that’s cool. I love that bitch. And Spicy P, who can somehow always be recruited into doing random shit.

Today’s THANK CHRIST for Camera Phones: Here is the most amazing photo of BFF in Alaska holding some giant ass fish she caught.

Today’s THE HOTNESS: Nick Lachey. You know... I did not want to like that song. But I’m sorry... I LOVE it. I love it more than I can explain. The lyrics are great, the chorus is catchy. And you know what, Lachey, I’ll take whatever’s left of you and make a nice big ol MANWICH with it. And then, since I’m taken, I’d have to give it up. And then I’d give it to Ker b/c who else would want it? Mmmmmmkay?

I have seriously transferred not less than 12 calls this morning to my boss’ email. Being top dog must really suck ass. But then again, she’s leaving for a Caribbean cruise tomorrow so I don’t feel that bad for her. Bastard. And she just got back from Washington (for work), North Carolina (for family) and California (for fun) in the last month alone. One day, folks, mark my words... I'm going to be this boss who travels and leaves lots of work for her underlings to do while she's gone.

M is on a job interview right now. Did I just jinx that? FUCK.

A doctor... A DOCTOR. And no, I wont tell you his name, tho for SHAME, I have it... called for information about the art show. Thank god, I didn’t take this call because I wouldn’t have been so kind when he asked if he and a guest could come for FREE because... the $25 ticket price is an economic hardship for him.

SERIOUSLY.

Typing that just made my blood boil again. I don’t understand! HOW CAN PEOPLE WITH MONEY BE SO FUCKING CHEAP? He actually had the balls to say it was because he had 2 kids in college right now. YOU MOTHER FUCKER. My mom had 3 kids in school, 2 of which went to private catholic schools with one income and she seemed to manage just fine. This guy, whose kids probably go to Harvard or some shit really needs to die. I’m not even joking. He better not run into me at the show and ask for a free beer or something b/c I swear to christ, I’ll be wearing DR SO AND SO ON MY BLOOD STAINED SHIRT. It also makes me angry because a lawyer, a LAWYER who lives in the suburbs of BOSTON and is somehow connected to my job has now given me two highly offensive examples of how CHEAP he is. He is one out of 21 people who did not give charitably to us this year. And he had the balls to just call and snap up one highly coveted ticket to a special event in Boston... a very expensive ticket. And he takes a free one and asks if he can bring his wife. Someone shoot me. Better yet, shoot him.

Today's Point: I HATE CHEAP PEOPLE SO DONT BE CHEAP.

Ahh... its 4pm. One more half hour push here to go. Its been so busy. Sorry about the craptastic post today. I have run out of time to flesh it out into something decent.

Hope you have a wonderful weekend. I cant wait for it!!

Peace!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn you know me way too well. A Lachey manwhich sounds like a delightful lunch to me. -K

Anonymous said...

Can I tell you how impressed my boss was when I told him I was volunteering for the Democrats? And that I knew the coordinator for Art in the City? WAY IMPRESSED. He is going to be working his "Moe"-jo at both events. And I have my first performance review on Friday. Points for me!