So my work has this policy that any time we mail donation requests or invites to our events, we have board members, advisory committee and staff come in and personalize them. Meaning, you write a short note on the invite card to someone you know, in the hopes that making it less of a direct mail appeal will incite some sort of reply, read donation. I was told that it increases the response rate dramatically. So thanks to an email from Spicy P, I realized I was a little late in doing my own personalizing on my own mailing list...
Assorted gems on my “personalized” invitations:
(to Amy) You suck balls.
(to a 501 girl) Come have a beer.
(to a former boss) Is it golf season YET?!??
(to M) Hi Sexy. You’re sexy.
(to BFF) MADONNA!... wont be there, but it could still be fun. Come. Luv, BFF
Today’s Contents of My Lunch Bag: OJ with Spinach and carrots... the only way I can eat spinach (without salad dressing) is by wrapping leaves around a baby carrot. I also brought 2 sugar cookies I made on Sunday, a banana (which I’m prob not going to eat... does bringing food with you to work count as having actually eaten it? this questions applies only if the food is “good for you”) and YoCrunch vanilla yogurt with chocolate sprinkles. This morning I ate a strawberry Carnation Instant breakfast (as M calls them, a CARNO) on my drive in and had a cup of Frosted Mini Wheats when I got here. Then I had a granola bar around 10:30 with my D&Ds Caramel Swirl latte.
My co-workers are stumped. They cant understand why I eat all day. Really. From 8 until 4:30 I’m either eating or drinking something. I cant tell you how many times, my boss has come in and I’m eating a granola bar or opening up my yogurt. She never eats. She never has time to eat. So it makes me feel like I have nothing to do all day but eat. But whatever. I cant go for more than an hour without something to chew on. I think that’s my secret: Snack all day and never eat a big giant meal at one sitting. For instance, I still order from the kid’s menu at fast food places and I also only eat half a meal in any restaurant. I don’t eat big portions, not because I’m concerned about the caloric content or anything. Just because my stomach isn’t big enough to handle it. My whole life I keep full at regular hourly intervals. I hate that stuffed to the max, sickness feeling you get when you eat too much in one sitting. Ugh. The worst...
But speaking of food at work, here’s a prize for ya: My co-worker, whose desk is approximately 6 feet from my office found mouse droppings behind her computer. She had to clean with this green disinfectant that seriously burned my nostril hairs. SO GROSS.
Last night, I made the best chicken quesadillas you will ever eat. I marinated and spiced up the chicken in the frying pan first & then I baked it with the mozzarella cheese and hot Tostitos salsa right in the tortilla in the oven. Man, they were so good. I don’t exactly have a point here, I was just thinking about how good these were last night. Sorry.
Today’s Brush with the Semi-Famous: I went to artist Terri Priest’s studio today to pick up some artwork for the art show. It’s the second time I’ve done this for her and she had the most amazing new work on her wall. A fellow in Maine had just bought this particular piece and I wonder how much he paid for this thing. The small piece she donated to us from 1981 has a minimum bid of $400! I can only imagine the price going for this new one. Honestly, it was truly one of the most amazing pieces of work I’ve seen in real life. And I’ve been to many museums and galleries. It was just so striking. He called her after her show up there and told her he had to have it, couldn’t get it out of his head. Its very true. Once you see it, you really cant. But I cant help thinking it should be hanging in the MOMA and not some LLBean cabin in East Bumfuck, ME.
Today's Most Depressing Slip Through My Fingers: I had RED SOX tickets... to Saturday's game. RED SOX TICKETS, people. IN MY HANDS. THIS MORNING. REALLY AMAZING BOX SEATS TICKETS. They were for the auction, of course. And then I checked the date, which was Saturday... way before the auction is going to take place. So I had to give them back from whence they came. And do you know it ripped me up a little bit inside? Oh, who we kidding... it ripped me up A LOT to give those suckers back.
Sadness.
Wednesday, May 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Did you know that Moe PERSONALLY SIGNS EVERY DONOR ACKNOWLEDGEMENT LETTER I send out (which is a huge part of my job) with a FOUNTAIN PEN? No joke. And his invite from Art in the City had a LOVELY note on it.
I told our director of development about your run in with Mrs. Fletcher. I really need to meet the Fletcher duo.
Post a Comment