Sooooooo... last night’s Red Sox game? Um, were we on PUNK'D? Is that what happened? Because the game was so devastating, it actually hurt to watch... and after about the 5th inning where I finally said, M, we just cant sit through this anymore, give it UP. The big RALLY you are waiting for? Well, it not going to happen. And he gave up too. It just wasn’t our night.
So after flipping though the 8 trillion channels we get and realizing that, LIKE ALWAYS, there was nothing on, we decided to have some fun and fool around a little bit. However, in the midst of fooling around, I see his head turned towards the TV... HE WAS WATCHING THE GAME. I gasped! Part of me thought this was incredibly funny. Part of me was slightly offended and part of me felt like I was in some sitcom, watching someone else’s boyfriend do that. But nope. It was definitely MINE.
When I confronted M, he denied it. And let’s just remember that DENIAL AINT JUST A RIVER. It’s a stone’s throw away from total self-deprecation. But what can ya do? Fight about it? Nah, like all women, I will file this moment for when it will really make a difference and whip it out at a time he least expects it. See? We all totally do that shit. Don’t act like you don’t.
Today’s Lesson in Work Attire: Don’t wear a strapless bra, even if it is the only clean one you have in the drawer. I’ve spent about 20 minutes total adjusting this damn thing. And its not the least bit professional to jack up your bra while sitting in your office.
Today’s Not-So-Shocking Shocker: The grantwriter told me she gave her notice. She just cant hack the schedule anymore. I saw this coming the day my boss told me they were going to make her an offer. I gave her the look... and you know what she did? Tell me she was going to offer the job to her b/c she thought she was a good FIT. Um. Yea. Next time, listen to me. And I know what’s coming next... Either I’m going to get offered this job FOR THE SECOND TIME and turn it down even though the pay is about $15,000 more a year. Or I’m going to get offered this job and NOT TAKE IT BUT STILL have to do all the work for it during the hiring interim and see NONE of the rewards. Sucks.
But I don’t want to be a grantwriter. And I dont want to be a grantwriter ESPECIALLY here. But that still probably sounds funny coming from someone who works in Development at a non-profit doesn’t it? Ya dont want to write grants, ya say? But I’m much more suited to PR and marketing and publications work. I love designing brochures and as much as I complain about events, I take some satisfaction in them. I’m organized as HELL. Total anal organized and that’s how I get through events like the art show. And I keep getting told I do a great job. So that’s where my head is at. I don’t want to be buried under a pile of deadlines and never ending funding sources...
I talked to my boss and we’re thinking of restructuring the department. I say WE b/c she wont commit without discussing it with me. She’s great like that. Total team player. I’m really glad I have her as a role model. I know that sounds dumb and I’m like 26, so I don’t need a role model... but professionally, she really makes me want to go to the next level. I’ll get there... eventually. And maybe even a little sooner than later, with all this structuring talk. I do have a solid 5+ years in business now. We talked about me taking on the management side of the grants and contracts. It's not at all like WRITING the grants, which is great news. But let's remember, when the time comes to write the new job descript: Its time to get P-A-I-D.
Last night I went to yoga and realized, I LOVE yoga. There is something about it that helps me focus. Except last night I went on a full chicken quesadilla stomach and all I could really focus on was the noises coming from my digestive track in a room that echoes with 3 other people in it. Embarrassing.
M’s new job has him waking up before 6am in order to be out the door by 6:30. Guess what that means? The alarm goes off at 5:45 and then again for me at 6:50. So on some days it feels like, YES! A whole hour more to sleep! And oddly, on other days, it feels like JESUS H CHRIST. ALREADY? Today was one of the latter.
Today’s TV Recap: Sopranos? WTF. IF you are gonna tell us this is the final season then all of a sudden segment the “season” over 2 years... PLEASE make it worth our while. What a waste of all the excitement. Big Love... anyone else watch this show? I really have gotten hooked. The Hills... I HATE Heidi already. One episode and I HATE her. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh. TV. Luvs it.
Thursday is M’s bday. I have been keeping his gifts at my mom’s house because the urge to give them to him NOW is overwhelming. So I figure by keeping them out of the apt, my urges would be less. It’s working. I really am going to make it til Thursday. M doesn’t read this blog, but I’m still not going to tell you what I got him. K, you know most of it. And the other day, we went shopping together and his taste is soooooo random. I’m not 100% convinced he’ll love the stuff I picked out. But its all returnable. Regardless, my man is going to be styling this summer. And that’s wicked hot.
I’m making him a seafood dinner. Should be a lot of fun. Going to a real grocery store too and I’m going to get fresh stuff and cook like crazy. Did I tell you guys my new thing is the Food Network? 24/7.
Tuesday, June 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay! More posts! A nice, long one!
*kiss kiss*
Post a Comment