Friday, June 09, 2006

Cilantro? No, thank you.

Know what I don’t like? CILANTRO. Not at all. Shit is WHACK. I only know that because I made a recipe for honey lime shrimp with mango salsa last night and each dish called for cilantro. And each dish made me want to gag when that pungent flavor came through. Thankfully, I was able to scrape it off. UGH. Horrible. The lime and honey flavors were great together, but I think next time I would nix the salsa for just plain old mango. Mango goes great with shrimp. Who knew?

I also had to devein my own shrimp which sounds about as disgusting as it was. Just fucking gross. Those little tendrils? You don’t want to see those on something you are about to eat. Nope. Ya really, really don’t.

I spent three hours making that stuff and it took about 9 minutes to eat. I hate that about cooking. It just all seems sooooooooo... I don’t know, anticlimactic. At least going out to dinner is a little bit more satisfying, even though it costs more (in my case, it didn’t, however, thanks to the cunt cashier who shall forever be the main reason I never go back to Big Y). And then you wait and drink and finally your food comes and if it sucks, you can just send it back from whence it came and get a whole new dish. Then, the kicker is that someone comes and takes your plate and CLEANS UP FOR YOU. What a great invention.

The weekend is upon us and I’m debating whether or not to go out with M tonite. I have to wake up at the butt morning on Saturday to be at the Farmers Market. Do I really need to be hungover for that and exhausted and reek like booze? Nah. I don’t think so. I guess I could still go and be the DD. That’s always appreciated by all. But then again, there doesn’t seem to be much that sucks as worse as being the only sober one all night. Honestly, does that sentence need to be shot or what? Friday morning: ROUGH.

If its raining at 8am, we're not doing the market. Which SUCKS. The jewelry sales have stalled BIG TIME. We need to get a schedule and plan to attend some craft shows. The problem is, you don’t often hear about craft shows until the day before. And its hard to find information like that online because they don’t have money to get all 21st century and its all word of mouth. Hmmmm... Any ideas?

Seriously, can we talk about how Ashlee Simpson looks now? A little nip and tuck and the girl looks completely unrecognizable. I cant believe it. She looks great. She still sucks, but she looks amazing.

Today’s Someone Needs to Get Me an Inhaler Information: http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=224941&GT1=7702

BFF, if you’re reading this, I guess it means you didn’t want to talk today and have me be Debbie Downer about you going to Houston. I HATE Texas. Straight up. But I love you. Straight up AND down. So there.

Today’s Random Note: My nails are STILL not growing. WTF.

Today’s Conspiracy Theory: Where the F is the proof that Suri Cruise exists? Where are the photos? Where is this damn baby? Seriously.

The reunion is this wkd and it looks to me like I’m not going to be in attendance. Really sucks, but there is a lot to consider and a lot more going on. As my mom says, there is always the 10 year! Maybe by then, I will actually be married!

No comments: