Today's Inside Joke: So some people think its imperative to use hyperlinks instead of the old cut and paste routine. ORLY? I'm not saying who or anything... BUT here is a clue: http://duskyouandme.livejournal.com/
If it doesnt work, its not my fault. Its Blogger, ok? What did you expect, Miss Masters in Journalism slash big shot web editor?
In other headlining news... I gave my notice. Kinda of. I actually talked to the HR Director about giving my notice, which as close as it gets when your boss is in Washington, DC having a great time at a conference on HIV. She suggested I talk to the President instead and then give the offical letter to her on Friday, when she comes back. Oh great. Like its not hard enough to tell the person that I not only love as a boss, but as a person but now I have to sit down with the top gun and discuss why I'm leaving her pride and joy establishment. Awesome. But we did both agree not to ruin my boss' trip. She was having such a great time over the phone yesterday, I just dont have the heart. She even talked about going swimming in the hotel pool.
School buses are back. Do you remember that feeling? When the summer was over and all you could do was buy new clothes to feel better. You would pack up everything you needed in your new backpack the first day... stuff to decorate your locker, some gum, some new pencils that werent sharpened yet. And you would wear one new thing, so as not to look like you tried too hard and wore a whole new outfit? You'd be so nervous to see who was in your classes, where your locker was, if you would remember your combination on your locker... God. It seems like just yesterday, doesnt it? I remember the first year I could drive to school... senior year. I would leave so early and be one of the first cars in the parking lot, just to make sure I got there in time. I was such an overplanner. I guess you could say some things dont change.
So other things that dont change is diability insurance. My new job doesnt offer it so I'm glad to report that I will be taking my current one with me. How easy and calming is that news? Or, is that just me? Ha. But its awesome. Now, I can have a kid in 4/5 years and still get paid. And I can get my masters in something. Not entirely sure yet in what but most likely it will be communications. Why mess with a good thing?
Life takes you in strange directions. Well, I shouldnt say that. Its not exactly strange for me to move to academia... but its certainly just popped up on the radar & gave me whiplash. I had the whole 5 year plan going... next stop was UMass. Now, its still an academic institution, but its Clark. And its very different subject matter. Buh-bye health care. Funny... I dont feel any love lost there.
Today's Sucks To Be Me: Caitlin got the news that we were rejected from a craft fair. REJECTED. ORLY? Why? There was no reason. Could be just that we were late in getting them the application or there were too many jewelers already participating. Could also be that our pictures of our booth were not up to snuff. Who knows? But it sucks.
Our business venture has been very defeating lately. I havent sold anything more than a $5 thing here or there. We were hoping to get in a few craft shows this fall to make some real money but its becoming more and more of a hassle. I never would have guessed how hard it is, first of all, to hear about the fairs in advance. You really have to know someone. Its not like they advertise local fairs on the web. Then you have to go through an application process that has deadlines way in advance of the fair date. You have to pay fees of $25, $75 or even $200 to reserve space. And you have to hope you get picked. Sometimes, if they reject you, they can still take your money. No refunds. Its pretty crazy. And its frustrating, to say the least, when you go through the process and STILL get a "No thanks."
But I have just bought some new fancy yarn. Seriously, the cutest yarn yet and I plan on making a ton of headbands. $5 each. Who wants one? And what colors? I will post some pics if you'd like. Today's Inside Joke Part Deux: If anyone used to wear a doorag and would like a headband, let me know. Because a headband is way cuter.
So because of all this hassle with craft fairs, we decided to try out a store. We stopped in and there were bracelets exactly like the ones Caitlin is making. Exactly. Same beads, same price. So I guess they dont want to sell our stuff then, no? Ha. Actually, it looked as if the stuff had been sitting there a long time. The metal looked old and had that brassy look from being in a case. The only thing we have to try next to get through the winter months is a website. We are looking into some options now. If you have any ideas, let me know. Thanks.
Today is a new day. A fresh start. So love it. Enjoy it. MUAH!
Wednesday, August 30, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Aw, dude, why you gotta blow up my spot?
I want a headband. A black one. Or a purple one.
I want a headband. Post a pic if you can. Blue definitely.
Post a Comment